In Scottsdale, AZ for two nights

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theschick

Reaction score
I'll be visiting Scottsdale a couple nights for work, and looking for a good place to have drinks. If I only get to visit one place each night, looking for the most recommended. From what I found online, these look to be the most popular. Would you agree this is where I should go?

Four Peaks - Scottsdale
Papago Brewery

I am not from AZ but have been there. I strongly suggest fish tacos if you have not had them before. Sorry I have no beer spots for you...GL and happy travels!

They are both going to be VERY busy if its on a weekend. My favorite places for super good beers are these two. Little smaller and both owned by a long time local liquor store. They have awesome taps and a bazillion bottles on hand. Taste of tops has great pizza slices and a really good Thai restaurant on either side of it. They let you order to go and you can bring it into the pub with you so you can have a nice dinner at the same time. Links-

http://topsliquors.com/Work.html

http://topsliquors.com/Contact_Us.html

If you had to pick only one go with Tops but if you can find the time there both great! If you want to bar hop a bit four peaks is just over a mile from Tops so you can give them both a go.

I tend to hang out at Papago or the Hungry Monk, great beers on tap, and good atmosphere. Papago is a short walk from my work, so I usually stop by after work for a pint. PM me when you are going to be out here, maybe meet up for a pint or two.

My favorite brewery there is Sleepy Dog.

Papago and Four peaks are both good. Four peaks was swamped. I really enjoyed Papago's selection too but we were there on a weekday so it wasn't bad.

OH I just noticed you're from KS too. Be prepared to be amazed when you go into the grocery stores. And pick up some stuff you can't get here regionally. Stone and DFH were both pretty easy to find.

Four Peaks in Tempe and Murphy's Law in Chandler. Murphy's Law is not a brewery, but they serve plenty of local brews that are amazing.

Thanks everyone, sounds like I'll make the most of the limited time there.
azscoob - I'll give you a shout, thanks!
Jaycount - Luckily Stone is distributing in Missouri as of this month, so its pretty easy for me to get now. I love me some DFH 90.

Back