first keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostforatime

Reaction score
I just tapped my first HBkeg and there is nothing but foam. 6 pints worth I tried 4 psi and also 10. Any help would be great. I know that the first draws are going to have alot of yeast, but this is pure foam.

lostforatime said:
I just tapped my first HBkeg and there is nothing but foam. 6 pints worth I tried 4 psi and also 10. Any help would be great. I know that the first draws are going to have alot of yeast, but this is pure foam.
You need to provide more info.

What pressure are you running your keg at? What is the length of line you need? How did you carb the keg (set it and forget it or shake&bake)?

Need the info!

The line is 2 feet it's set at 5psi and I shook it almost 2 weeks ago. I have tried to up and down the c02 but it doesn't change anything

Is this a cornie keg & a cobra (party) tap? If so, release the pressure completely and then put 1-2 psi on it. What you really need to do is get about 6 ft of 3/16" beer line and replace the two foot section in your party tap.

lostforatime said:
I released the pressure and it is still serving up foam pints.
Wait a little for the pressure to equalize. My guess is that with that short of a line, your beer would have to be almost flat for it to not foam. You probably want to check into getting a longer line, about 6 ft as suggested above.

well, i haven't yet gotten my kegs and setup, but i just don't understand how to achieve different co2 volumes.. can anyone explain (or point me to an explanation) what this is about?

aekdbbop said:
well, i haven't yet gotten my kegs and setup, but i just don't understand how to achieve different co2 volumes.. can anyone explain (or point me to an explanation) what this is about?

To set different pressures for different kegs, you need a secondary regulator for each additional pressure you'd like to maintain.

i thought the co2 was messured in psi, not in volume.. i guess. im tired and confused, so excuse my rambling

Latest posts

Back