New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-1864912997.jpg

Yum

image-4082150033.jpg

My first all original recipe. I call it Griffin's Grog (After my first born) its and IPA.

Hi guys, sitting on the deck the other day and figured I'd snap a quick photo. This is one of my first brews. It was just a simple Cooper's Draught kit, made with 500g of Light DME and 500g of Dextrose. Im pretty happy with everything

photo.jpg

Banana Bread Brown, fermented with wyeast neobritania. Finished with 5oz banana flavoring.

IMG_20120630_174933.jpg

Fermenting now, A Brewers Best American Cream with double the hops.
IMG_20120715_032730.jpg

This is my attempt at a Blue-Moon Clone. Pretty close. Not quite as orangey as regular blue-moon.

Dan's Beer 006.jpg

pic #1:rye IPA. a real crowd-pleaser. incredible head retention. going to have to brew this one up again soon.

pic #2: amarillo/optic SMaSH. also strongly recommended.

both pix are darker than in reality, beers were actually lighter in color (damn cellphone camera). recipes in my signature in case anyone is curious.

Rye IPA in glass (1)-edited.jpg

SMaSH in a glass (5)-edited.jpg

Our firstborn is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday, so we bought a new camera to bombard our relatives with pictures. And what's the best way to test out a new camera? Why, pictures of beer of course!

Here's my crack at Jamil's XXX Sweet Stout.

7624161104_d8f9f977b1_b.jpg

My BIG Braggot (~9%ABV). A bit on the malty sweet side, but I was very pleased for my first attempt at brewing with (specialty) grains (and honey instead of extract). I will make this again with more hop influence next time. Cheers.

IMG_1909.jpg

Cool! What camera did you get and how did you choose it?

It's an Olympus E-PL1. It's kind of a middle ground between a point and shoot and a DSLR. It has interchangeable lenses, which was a big selling point for me (though additional lenses cost about as much as the camera itself, if not more!). I'm really pleased with it so far. I'm tapping the celebratory keg of Jamil's "To George!" Bohemian Pils after our son's born (though I've taken the liberty of renaming it "To [insert baby's name here]!"), so more pictures will follow soon!

It's an Olympus E-PL1. It's kind of a middle ground between a point and shoot and a DSLR. It has interchangeable lenses, which was a big selling point for me (though additional lenses cost about as much as the camera itself, if not more!). I'm really pleased with it so far. I'm tapping the celebratory keg of Jamil's "To George!" Bohemian Pils after our son's born (though I've taken the liberty of renaming it "To [insert baby's name here]!"), so more pictures will follow soon!

Thanks for the info! :mug:

singlehopsterlingsmall.jpg

Single Hop Sterling pale ale, 4.8% ABV, 40 IBU's, SRM 7. I'm not digging this one. This thing just reeks of Saaz. The dry hop flavor mellowed after a couple weeks and it got a little smoother, but still not good. I know Sterling's parents are mostly Saaz and Cascade, but I get nothing but Saaz out of this.

Czech Pilsner accidentally fermented closer to ale temps! turned out interesting. In my Caldera pint glass of course

004.jpg

A Vanilla Orange Cream Ale that came out surprisingly delicious, so much it was moved to my repeat folder
524513_876456841698_1740318240_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back