Elitist FAc"s advice NEEDED

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aaclevy

Reaction score
Aite so i have a 6 gal gal glass carboy full of *bread yeast* and 7 pounds of Muntons Cedarex A and I soaked some uncracked caramel barley. This brew is brownish black and thick! i tossed about half a can of bread yeast because I'm real poor, but it's only throwin a few bubbles. I've brewed hard juice with this type of yeast before from this can and it was quite tasty and neutral... i put some fuggle pellets in and i put some yellowed branning cross in its got a kinda high note aromatic in it, but i want advice on what dry-hop to use this next week.

i just joined. this is my first batch, but i've gotten a couple kegs at auction - want to take my 15.5 us sankey keg / cut top off, and use as boiler for my 13 gal keg and brew full batches.

Any Sanitary Stainless welders in the DC metro area who work for cheap?

aaclevy said:
Aite so i have a 6 gal gal glass carboy full of *bread yeast* and 7 pounds of Muntons Cedarex A and I soaked some uncracked caramel barley. This brew is brownish black and thick! i tossed about half a can of bread yeast because I'm real poor, but it's only throwin a few bubbles. I've brewed hard juice with this type of yeast before from this can and it was quite tasty and neutral... i put some fuggle pellets in and i put some yellowed branning cross in its got a kinda high note aromatic in it, but i want advice on what dry-hop to use this next week.

i just joined. this is my first batch, but i've gotten a couple kegs at auction - want to take my 15.5 us sankey keg / cut top off, and use as boiler for my 13 gal keg and brew full batches.

Any Sanitary Stainless welders in the DC metro area who work for cheap?

makingitgood, is this you?

????

Dude..... please take no offense at this whatsoever--

your brewing techniques are circa 1250 BC, at best.

If you want to make a good batch of beer, I highly recommend Papazian's book, the Complete Joy of Homebrewing, or read Palmer's online book.

You've got some work to do. . .

Bread yeast is not nearly as high-quality as brewer's yeast, so you're going to get a lot of really weird flavors (sour, acid, general bad) and probably weird scum layers on top of your beer. I'm not exactly sure what kind of beer style you were gunning for, but I guess that doesn't matter too much. My advice--check out a how to brew book, and if money is a problem, just use dry brewer's yeast. It only costs 50 cents a package, and it'll give you a much, much higher-quality beer. If you're careful, you can get good quality beer for not a lot of money.

Whelk said:
It only costs 50 cents a package, and it'll give you a much, much higher-quality beer. If you're careful, you can get good quality beer for not a lot of money.

Hell, Munton's dry yeast costs $1.25 at the LHBS.

Yeah, sure, I could get all the aspergillus, histoplasmosis, and candida to ferment my beers for free here along the Illinois River Valley but I'm sure it wouldn't have a desired "unique" flavor to it.

I'm calling shenanigans!!

This is way to big a mix of complete disregard for the process and pushing all the hot buttons. Top that off with some technical terms that the average "Makingitgood" wouldn't know and misusing our jargon and we have someone having a laugh at our expense!

Cheesefood said:
makingitgood, is this you?

Kinda what I was thinking. Dry yeast is dirt cheap. Unless your too young to buy the stuff. My Apfelwein, Montrachet, yeast was something like 1.50 a pack.

Now it's just Elitist FAc as in Fack (aka F**k).... If you put two apostrophe's does that mean it takes the place of Two letters rather than 1 in a conjunction?

I got plenty of bread yeast too, just like I have 4 sister's, doesn't mean i want to use that yeast for brewing... I don't want my bread to taste like fish...

What i don't get is that he's too poor to get good yeast yet he's going to buy Keg's online and use a whole can of yeast, and yet too poor to spend $1 on some cheap safale yeast??? ooook... can we say, in it for the :drunk: factor

Schlenkerla said:
Kinda what I was thinking. Dry yeast is dirt cheap. Unless your too young to by the stuff. My Apfelwein, Montrachet, yeast was something like 1.50 a pack.

$3.00 a pack at the ****ty HBS... :mad:

DoNotFeedTroll.png

Well, he was able to afford some fuggles.... yet he didn't pick up some proper yeast when he was there.

something's not adding up here. . .

I agree he's having a laugh at our expense.

Biermann said:
Well, he was able to afford some fuggles.... yet he didn't pick up some proper yeast when he was there.

something's not adding up here. . .

I agree he's having a laugh at our expense.

Personally i think he''s just bein'' ign''ant... I like using two '... He wants his ghetto juice and he wants it now, screw clearing and carbonation...

DeadYetiBrew said:
Personally i think he''s just bein'' ign''ant... I like using two '... He wants his ghetto juice and he wants it now, screw clearing and carbonation...

ghetto juice..... I like that

screw off flavors---hell, screw flavor completely!!

Be careful guys he said aite and he's got a six gal gal carboy and bread yeast,I don't think he's afraid to use it.

t-dogg said:
Be careful guys he said aite and he's got a six gal gal carboy and bread yeast,I don't think he's afraid to use it.

Don't make me bust a bung in yo arse with my six gal

Biermann said:
ghetto juice..... I like that

screw off flavors---hell, screw flavor completely!!

Goin' Getto - Bottling in two liters...

Goin' Euro-trash - Bottling in green two liters...

:mug:

Schlenkerla said:
Goin' Getto - Bottling in two liters...

Goin' Euro-trash - Bottling in green two liters...

I hope you mean two liter PLASTIC... I have 1 liter 'manly' bottles that are, of course, brown swing tops... I like the euro-trash comment... wouldn't be so true if it stay out of the LIGHT!

Of course bottlin' 2 ltr PET is going ghetto. Unless is in a nice PET growler!!! :D Handle included!!!

Swing Tops is never ghetto. It is euro though.....

Schlenkerla said:
Of course bottlin' 2 ltr PET is going ghetto. Unless is in a nice PET growler!!! :D Handle included!!!

Swing Tops is never ghetto. It is euro though.....

Personally i prefer 1 gallon milk jugs... you can take 'em wit'cha when you be's steppin' down da streets main and da po-po's don't think nuttin of it because it looks like orange drink...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back