Help! Pliny Emergency!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

half_whit

Reaction score
I live in Pennsylvania, the dark part of the map where the Elder dare not venture, save for some rumored place in Pittsburgh. My lady went on a road trip across country recently with one item on her shopping list for moi. She brought back some fanTAStic beers. Sadly, everywhere she went the name Pliny echoed through the room but never came. Rumors of his hoppy exploits danced around like mystical fireflies, but nary a bottle could be found

Short story long, I've never tried this beer. Anyone interested in doing a swap? PM me if you want to swap for something in my area (or if you have a style you like and you're feeling adventurous)

What's good in your area? I can get you some Pliny. Sending some out tomorrow actually.

For the hop head, Troegs. Pretty sure all their stuff comes in standard six pack bottles. Not sure how big Pliny bottles are. I also really like south county brewings ESB. total hole in the wall brewery that you wouldn't hear of unless you were from around here. Liquid hero is native to my hometown.... Half a dozen blocks from my house. They only do drafts and growlers but I could probably show up with bottles and a capper and work something out! Tell me what style you like

Oh, and founders. Founders double trouble is a double IPA on the ritzy side but its probably my favorite beer right now.

half_whit said:
Whaaaat! I'm from just outside of Philly originally. Where!? I'm in! I heard rumors of it being on tap somewhere.

Oh hey there! You shop at Mr Steves too?

My wife & I at Strangelove, several brew club mates at Monk's. However, if you're held at gunpoint by beer terrorists and have to choose, go with RR Supplicarion. Oh.. My... Lord!

to date, my favorite dipa is founders double trouble. if i had to chose only one beer to drink for the rest of my life, that would be it. if it's on tap that is. perhaps this swap will change my mind...

I'm breaking from my lurker mode to help out. I had PtE on tap at Teresa's in Wayne on Wednesday. I also had PtY there this spring. I think I've seen something from RR every time I've been there. During beer week last year they also did a Hill's tap take over, which was excellent and fun for this native Vermonter living outside Philly now.

What's good in your area?
hu7h.jpg

Back