Utility sink manifold?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokenKnucklesBrewery

Reaction score
I'm sure theres already a thread on this, but im trying to set up a utility sink for my brew days. i want to be able to just roll it out in the driveway and hook my garden hose up to it. I want it to be able to fill kettles, have an attachment for the thermenator and one for a bottle washer all while still being able to use it as a sink for rinsing off things.

any direction on this would be greatly appreciated!

For starters, don't use a garden hose to convey potable water get a drinking water hose from an RV store.

Plastic utility sink from Home Despot? Light enough to carry. Add brass faucet with hose fittings. You're good to go for about $100.

Plastic utility sink from Home Despot? Light enough to carry. Add brass faucet with hose fittings. You're good to go for about $100.
They tend to come with faucets to boot, but you would need to rig it so you could hook up the garden hose. Have to figure out what to do with the drain, I'd just clamp a washing machine drainage hose to the drain tail piece and run it to wherever I want my run off going.

This makes me feel lucky to have a sink in my garage that already has this stuff and hot h20 to boot. I installed it before I did my first brew, and I spend a lot of time standing over it!

You should be able to find some tees or something at the hardware store to branch off to other gadgets and feed water to the sink simultaneously. There are probably 20 different ways to do it, so just go to the store, tell the help what you're wanting to do and they should be able to help you find the right fittings/adapters etc.

yea i'm thinking this may be a build is i go project. see what works, what doesn't adjust accordingly. I got the sink for free with no faucet from my LHB that i work part time at so im basically starting from scratch. as far as the draining goes, i'll just run some large tubing out into the front yard and water my grass as i brew.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_56972-10882-MF10000FM.001_0__?productId=3448686&cm_mmc=SCE_PLA-_-Plumbing-_-Sinks-_-3448686&CAWELAID=1023905771&%22cagpspn=pla%22

Grab one of the inexpensive utility sinks that you can find at Lowe's or Home Depot. Then use a female garden hose to barbed fitting, easy to pick up, and make a supply hose you can thread onto your RV Potable water hose.

I would personally find a wire or metal shelf I could cut to fit the footprint of the sink then bolt some casters and the 4 legs of the utility sink to the shelf. Either rig up a drain as mentioned above or you could simply sit a bucket under the sink on your shelf to catch the waste water.

The sink has a nice lip and a shelf on the back. You could easily drill and mount various hooks inside or out for cleaning brushes, hanging tube, ect. you could also put a splitter on you supply and have a couple other fittings or things spliced in.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_56972-10882-MF10000FM.001_0__?productId=3448686&cm_mmc=SCE_PLA-_-Plumbing-_-Sinks-_-3448686&CAWELAID=1023905771&%22cagpspn=pla%22

Grab one of the inexpensive utility sinks that you can find at Lowe's or Home Depot. Then use a female garden hose to barbed fitting, easy to pick up, and make a supply hose you can thread onto your RV Potable water hose.

I would personally find a wire or metal shelf I could cut to fit the footprint of the sink then bolt some casters and the 4 legs of the utility sink to the shelf. Either rig up a drain as mentioned above or you could simply sit a bucket under the sink on your shelf to catch the waste water.

The sink has a nice lip and a shelf on the back. You could easily drill and mount various hooks inside or out for cleaning brushes, hanging tube, ect. you could also put a splitter on you supply and have a couple other fittings or things spliced in.

That is the exact sink i got.

Back