quick disconnect o-rings? can I buy just those somewhere?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elpresidente

Reaction score
Ok, my question is: Can you buy just the little tiny o-ring that is inside the quick disconnects by themselves?

This is the second time I have had to grab another o-ring out of a spare quick disconnect to get it to work. The o-ring inside the quick disconnect sometimes gets squished up when trying to screw it tight and once it has been twisted out of shape it is almost impossible to get it to seat right again for a good seal.

I don't want to have to keep buying a whole quick disconnect if I can buy a nice bag full of those o-rings. As of right now I have 2 quick disconnects that no longer have o-rings because I have messed them up screwing them tight.

Any suggestions? I know quick disconnects are not that expensive, BUT I am sure buying just the o-ring would probably be cheaper, right?

You should have no problem finding replacement o-rings at your local hardware store.

Does anyone have another place to buy these o-rings online? MoreBeer is out of stock on those...

I believe Northern Brewer sells them. That's where I bought mine.

Also, McMaster Carr part number 4061T118 is reportedly the same o-ring (though I have not tried them).

The o-ring that goes around the gas and liquid post on your cornies fits nicely in there. The plug won't tighten flush to the top of the disconnect, but they seal very well and don't fall out and get washed down the drain every time you flush one out. I use these in all my picnic tap setups.

Anyone know off hand where I can buy this other than midwestsupplies?

wye-splitter-assembly-w-5-16-barb.jpg
"Y" Spliter

Try using just a little keg lube on the o-ring when you re-assemble the QD. It should prevent the o-ring from contorting when you tighten it down.

I haven't wrecked one yet.
But if I ever do, I'll try Windwest's idea of the post o-ring. I picked up 100 of them from McMaster for like $2.00 :D

Back