What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two extract kits from Northern Brewer: Raspberry Hefe (for my wife) and a Cream Ale (for me). Looks like I'm brewing this weekend; maybe tomorrow night.

Today I received in the mail a programmable thermometer and stainless measuring spoons. Never thought I'd be so excited about spoons. I'm still waiting on my hydrometer jar, hoping I get it before Sunday or I might have to postpone until next weekend. Wondering if I could just use the plastic tube the hydrometer came in?

-DZ

Belated Xmas gifts from the sis. A T shirt that has Ben Franklin on it and sayin that beer is proof that god loves us. A book, 1001 beers you must try before you die, and a vinator (SCORE!).

7.75 lbs of assorted hops from Bell's General Store...

image-101420801.jpg

A ball valve assembly for my brew pot (a turkey fryer set up) and a refractometer that measures Brax and OG.

I just got my hydrometer jar in the mail yesterday. I bought it on Amazon for something like $3.99; it's a bit cheap and wobbly, and I can see it tipping over and breaking my hydrometer one day.

I shouldn't have been thinking "economy" when I made this purchase.

-DZ

Another 12 gallon Stainless Kettle. Now I could do 20 gallons at a time if I choose. I'm also expecting a book on Yeast to come today.

Waiting on my weldless adjustable angle Brewmometer hopefully it will ship soon.

Not in the mail, because I'm an impatient b#astard, picked up a 15 gallon Blichmann Boilermaker. $400 spent to accompany a great deal on a $5.50 drawstring mesh bag from MoreBeer, I must be nuts. Oh well, BIAB here I come.... :ban:

My order from Amazon for a Brinkman upright smoker and my Jerky Cannon from Nesco/American Harvest. Definately cookin this weekend, come He;; or high water... Momma plans for me to be off the net for the entire weekend, so I am going to take advantage of the free time and get some shop, meat and office work done that I have been meaning to do. While the meats smoking I can wrk on my 3 tier and clean up the shop a bit as I go too. Got a plan, just gotta stick with it now....
Bob

WileECoyote said:
Well it didn't come in the mail, but I did just pick up 267 Lbs of grain saturday, 3 sacks = 155 lbs of base grain and 112 lbs of specialty grain and we just had to throw in 10 packs of hops and 7 yeast too.

Time to get brewing, Im thinking 3 batches this week, starting today yea!

Cheers :mug:

Brings up a good question for a new (4 batch) AG brewer (me). If I buy grain unmilled how long will it last and storing how? I have read crushed you should use in two weeks. Would like to buy enough materials for my house IPA

Ok so not today, I was out of town for a few days and came home to this.

image-4237831590.jpg

image-721818973.jpg

Makes me want to brew now just so I can try them out!

Back