Texas beer swap?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alamo_Beer

Reaction score
I know there are lots of Texans around here. Anyone interested in a beer swap?

I'd love to try one of TxBrew's hefes...

I dun drinked it all. That sounds very cool, though. I didn't realize how fast 5 gallons of brew vanishes, so I have cranked up my brewing to every weekend for a while. If we do it, hope it isn't too soon, I could use some input.

I'll be bottling my first batch next weekend so won't have any to swap with for a few more weeks. I'm interested, just don't have any in stock right now.

Send me a PM, got a Blonde, Apricot Wheat, American wheat all on tap right now. I'm bottling up a few for Ed this weekend, I'll make some extras.

Drunkensatyr said:
Send me a PM, got a Blonde, Apricot Wheat, American wheat all on tap right now. I'm bottling up a few for Ed this weekend, I'll make some extras.

I'm bottling this week too, for the Dixie Cup. Just finished cleaning a bunch of bottles and they are drying on the bottle tree right now. Next step, sanitizing and chilling. I have to be in Houston this week, so I'm dropping my entries off at DeFalco's.

I may be back up there in the next week or so.

EdWort said:
I may be back up there in the next week or so.

Dallas? If so, I will set em aside and catch ya while you are in town. If not, just let me know when you are going to be at the casa and I will ship a few bottles to ya.

Drunkensatyr said:
Dallas? If so, I will set em aside and catch ya while you are in town. If not, just let me know when you are going to be at the casa and I will ship a few bottles to ya.

Yep, I have to head up to Birdville or some place like that. I'll let you know when I get the date setup.

I'm down for a swap later this month. I live between Austin and SA so meeting up if we don't want to ship is easy enough.

DANG!

I wish I had brewed a 10gal batch of my brown now! I brewed this for christmas gifts and it's looking like I'll be giving almost all of it away now! If I've got any left I'll be in....which I had thought of this before I posted this!

It's good to see there is some interest. If I've got enough then lets do it (don't let this stop others though). Also, there is always next month

I would love to but, I got to get brewing im starting to get low on HB, school is sucking up my free time.

Ryanh1801 said:
I would love to but, I got to get brewing im starting to get low on HB, school is sucking up my free time.

+1,000,000

Maybe I can mash at work? JK

I'm hosting a Teach a Friend to Homebrew Day session on November 3rd. Sounds like a great reason to come to Austin and swap beers at the EdWort Ranch while brewing a batch.

I may have to break in the 25 gallon kettle so folks can take home 5 gallons of Wort.

EdWort said:
I'm hosting a Teach a Friend to Homebrew Day session on November 3rd. Sounds like a great reason to come to Austin and swap beers at the EdWort Ranch while brewing a batch.

I may have to break in the 25 gallon kettle so folks can take home 5 gallons of Wort.

hey Ed, been meaning to PM you about that. What time is all that gonna go on. Ill be in Town at Lake Travis for my scuba certification. Not sure of the schedule yet though.

Ryanh1801 said:
hey Ed, been meaning to PM you about that. What time is all that gonna go on. Ill be in Town at Lake Travis for my scuba certification. Not sure of the schedule yet though.

We're cranking the Barley Crusher at 9 AM, but stuff will go on for most of the day. I'm about 15 minutes from Lake Travis (Hudson Bend area).

EdWort said:

I'd really like to check that out. My weekends are always open. I'll save some brews to bring with me. Might swing by AHBS while I'm in the area too.

Don't think I could make the Teach a friend (but that sounds awesome).

Maybe we could schedule this for around Thanksgiving time? I'll be coming up to Austin then so I could swing by San Marcos and San Antonio for TxBrew and JNJ. Also, my parents don't live too far from you Ed.

Would you mind shipping Ryan (or anyone else)?

greenhornet said:
Don't think I could make the Teach a friend (but that sounds awesome).

Maybe we could schedule this for around Thanksgiving time? I'll be coming up to Austin then so I could swing by San Marcos and San Antonio for TxBrew and JNJ. Also, my parents don't live too far from you Ed.

Would you mind shipping Ryan (or anyone else)?

Actually that's a great idea. The Friday after Thanksgiving. Hmmm, I may have to revisit that thought. Hmmm.

I want in on this action. I havea rochefort clone that will be bottled at the end of the month... will need to age for a whlie, but planning on sending quite a few out. Have a standard stout and pale ale ready to go and bottling my creamed red ale and saison early this month as well.

Should have a hefe ready by the end of Octoboer.

I want in, too. I'm willing to mail some bottles or drive a little if it's an open time for me (which is unfortunately rare).

I finished bottling 7 entries for the Dixie Cup and bottled a few extras of my IPA, Rainwater Kölsch, Bavarian Hefeweizen, and new Blonde for swapping.

Lil' Sparky said:
I want in, too. I'm willing to mail some bottles or drive a little if it's an open time for me (which is unfortunately rare).

I might be in aggie land here before to long to see some friends, so if I make it we could swap some beers.

I have an alaskan amber clone in the bottle and an altbier on tap i could swap. im also getting to try another jalepeno & cilantro lager this time . too many people liked the J&C Ale its all gone.so going to try a lager this time. so im in if i have time

I'm going to bottle my Fall Peach Wheat brew next week. Anyone interested in swapping locally to CenTex?

Once I figure out why all my beer is turning out crappy (this is for another post) and I actually keep some, i will be happy to participate.............

I don't know how to update my profile but I'm in San Antonio. I'm new to this hobby but I would like to share my brew and experiences with others.

San Marcos and Austin are just up the road. I'd love to hook up with other HBT'ers to learn how to brew great beer. I'm excited to share what I've got with anyone anyways.

Let me know if anyone is interested in a local trade.

Neomich said:
I don't know how to update my profile but I'm in San Antonio. I'm new to this hobby but I would like to share my brew and experiences with others.

San Marcos and Austin are just up the road. I'd love to hook up with other HBT'ers to learn how to brew great beer. I'm excited to share what I've got with anyone anyways.

Let me know if anyone is interested in a local trade.
Welcome aboard from a fellow SAer! Look at the top left of the form and see User CP, click that to update your profile.

Back