Have you purchased your 2012 hop crop yet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaz4121

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Didn't see a thread like this yet, will absolutely contribute nothing to the forum besides maybe making a few new home brewers aware of the 2012 pellet crop season.

Just placed my order tonight with hops direct.

1# Chinook leaf
1# Centennial pellet
1# Cascade pellet
1# Columbus pellet
and 1# of Belma a new variety from Peterbaugh Farms (only $5 a lb!!)

Anyone else plan on ordering soon? OR already have?

They don't have any EKG listed yet. :( Need to check my inventory before I order any more hops. I still have almost a freezer full. :rockin: Must brew more with more hops... :D

I ordered leaf hops a while ago, and have already brewed two batches with the 2012 amarillo leaf hops. I've used the simcoe, centennial, and northern brewer also I think. I haven't used any 2012 willamette yet.

I didn't see any pellet hops that I want, so this year I didn't purchase any from hopsdirect.

I've got 18lbs of hard to find pellets on the way to add to the 5lbs I have. I'll just add some of the less hard to find as I go this year.

Been short on money lately so I haven't had a chance to order yet. I'm hoping to snag some Amarillo, Citra, Simcoe, and Centennial if it's still available in a few weeks.

3# Cascade
2# Cnetennial
2# Simcoe
1# Apollo
1# Amarillo
1# CTZ
1# Willamette
1# Belma

Still need another pound of Amarillo and 2 pounds Citra. Possibly a pound of mosaic if I can find it.

Has anyone seen any 2012 amarillo pellets from hops direct yet? Or did I miss out all ready....
Thanks
igotsand

All leaf hops

2# US Goldings
2# Cascade
1# Magnum
1# Amarillo
1# Northern Brewer
1# Hallertau (US)

I make ESBs every 2nd or 3rd batch and have never used US Goldings before. I had read that the difference between US Goldings and EKG is not too big but it was a huge difference in my first ESB. It might just be that the EKG was old and the USG was used about two weeks after it was harvested. I hope so. The hop character was much more harsh with USG.

1# Centennial
1# Nugget
1# Columbus
2# Belma
1# Simcoe
1# Cascade
1# Amarillo
1# Mosaic
1# Bravo
1# Chinook
1# Ahtanum
2# Citra
1.5# Meridian
.5# Summit
.5# Magnum
.5# Millennium
.5# Delta
.5# Willamette
.5# HBC 342 (2011)
.5# Falconer's Flight (2011)

I was starting to think I had a problem until I started to look at some others on this site.

All 2012 hops

2# amarillo
2 # simcoe
2# centennial
1# chinook
3 # citra
1# Columbus
2# cascade
1# magnum
1# aurora slove
1# bobek slove
8 oz galaxy
4oz magnum

Should last me for acouple of months...I do 15-20 gallon batches, so the hops go quick!!

Igotsand

3# Simcoe
3# Amarillo
3# Citra
2# Centennial
1# Cascade
2# Belma ($5lb figured I'd try it)

I still have almost a lb of 2011 Warrior left, and 2lbs each of 2011 CTZ, Nugget, Willamette & US Golding. I'll likely add a lb or two of Chinook later but as they're not usually hard to find I figured I'd space that purchase out ;)

4.5# Citra
3# Belma
3# Amarillo
3# Centennial
2# Cascade
1# Chinook
1# Cluster
1# Simcoe
.5# Northern Brewer
1# Summit
.5# Warrior

and
1# (2011) - Falconer's flight
1# (2011) - Falconer's seven seas (7 C's)

Back