Group Buy in Chicago #6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do we set the cutoff for this current buy?

• Close it on Monday, October 8, 2012 11:59 PM

• Close it when we reach 164 sacks?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill did you want me to check in on a case of Zombie Dust.
Ghoti asked about a 6 pack.
Trish is off tomorrow I can send her out during the day, she won't mind having to go grab a beer while having some young buck throw a case in her car.

Bill did you want me to check in on a case of Zombie Dust.
Ghoti asked about a 6 pack.
Trish is off tomorrow I can send her out during the day, she won't mind having to go grab a beer while having some young buck throw a case in her car.

sure! get 1 case of zombie dust, one case of pride & joy (or zombie dust if n/a). can you get the seasonal beers? I will paypal you the money tonight for the 2 cases. if you get the seasonals like brian boru or apocalypse cow let me know the price of those and i'll let you know how many to get. thank you!

bmason1623 said:
sure! get 1 case of zombie dust, one case of pride & joy (or zombie dust if n/a). can you get the seasonal beers? I will paypal you the money tonight for the 2 cases. if you get the seasonals like brian boru or apocalypse cow let me know the price of those and i'll let you know how many to get. thank you!

Call them they have a bunch of seasonal bombers avail right now I forget what she told me yesterday. A couple stouts I think. If you call and decide let me know, I just got home I can peddle my big wheel over there.

Actually if you can get me a case of Zombie Dust that would be great. Just let me know the cost and I can PayPal you tonight

Call them they have a bunch of seasonal bombers avail right now I forget what she told me yesterday. A couple stouts I think. If you call and decide let me know, I just got home I can peddle my big wheel over there.

get me a case of ZD, and 6 each of of Dreadnaught and Broo Doo. I'll paypal you $100 right now. Those are all in stock; just called. Thanks!

bmason1623 said:
get me a case of ZD, and 6 each of of Dreadnaught and Broo Doo. I'll paypal you $100 right now. Those are all in stock; just called. Thanks!

Ok ZD 35 a case bombers are 10 ea. Still want those qtys.. BrooDoo is yummy , had to try one while I'm waiting

ForumRunner_20121025_180709.jpg

Brewmeister Jeff said:
Depending on when the grain is delivered PsuedoChef may be picking up my stuff.

Please note that on the spreadsheet. Thanks

There are two more sacks that are being drop shipped along with the previous four. See below:

2 bags GW Organic Wheat
GB Organic Wheat - we are out
Best Vienna - only have 3 bags available

Who's ordering the exotic stuff besides TBU?

Awesome! Coming just in time for lager season. I've got a pils brewing away right now and a Dunkel chilling just as this cold weather is coming in. Vienna lager getting racked onto the yeast cakes right after they're done. :ban:

ForumRunner_20121025_192422.jpg

Ok gentlemen here is your bounty, sorry about my curious dog in photo.
Bill you are 155 ( thanks Bill, all square +5 bones)
Ghoti you are 35 ( A thanks enjoy, I'll share my recipe )
ThirsT you are 60 ( T thanks we are Sq. Youll really enjoy this brew)
I have the receipts also I can send to each of you, don't want to post partial credit card info.

If anyone changes their minds we are happy to keep and drink it, no obligations.

View attachment 81005

Ok gentlemen here is your bounty, sorry about my curious dog in photo.
Bill you are 155 ( thanks Bill, all square +5 bones)
Ghoti you are 35
ThirsT you are 60
I have the receipts also I can send to each of you, don't want to post partial credit card info.

If anyone changes their minds we are happy to keep and drink it, no obligations.

I would like to grab hold of those 2 beers. But, I found out that there is a limit of one of those per person per purchase. I assume that you had to maximize your purchasing power there to accomodate me. So, you tell me how many, if any, that you would like to share. I will take what you are willing to offer. If we're a go, I will be in need of your email address assuming that paypal is your prefered method of payment. Thanks either way Neo.

ThirstT said:
I would like to grab hold of those 2 beers. But, I found out that there is a limit of one of those per person per purchase. I assume that you had to maximize your purchasing power there to accomodate me. So, you tell me how many, if any, that you would like to share. I will take what you are willing to offer. If we're a go, I will be in need of your email address assuming that paypal is your prefered method of payment. Thanks either way Neo.

Yes my girl went with me, and her kids friends all work there. We bought 5 total, pays to know people. I got 2 for you. There are volume sales issues with ttb, so many purchases, no big deal

Yes my girl went with me, and her kids friends all work there. We bought 5 total, pays to know people. I got 2 for you. There are volume sales issues with ttb, so many purchases, no big deal

Very Cool, thanks. Let me know how you would like to proceed with payment.

ThirstT said:
Very Cool, thanks. Let me know how you would like to proceed with payment.

You are very welcome, when you start working on a clone of this, I'm in as a partner brewer as we'll need 5

Neopol said:
You are very welcome, when you start working on a clone of this, I'm in as a partner brewer as we'll need 5

Sounds like a deal, I may be able to get a recipe from ylpaul that will be worthy of my fifth

ghoti said:
Neopol, you should have my payment. Thanks again.

I just got it thank you, you'll enjoy it, I brew this new regularly .. personally I like mine better(more residual maltiness as I use a bit of aromantic in lieu of c40) but fresh from the brew house is effin delicious.

...I brew this new regularly .. personally I like mine better(more residual maltiness as I use a bit of aromantic in lieu of c40)...

Is this a recipe you share? Have a thread on it?

TyTanium said:
Is this a recipe you share? Have a thread on it?

I'll pm it to you, I cant take credit for its creation I found the original on hbt and tweaked and substituted some grains based on friends comments. I'll pass you the orig & tweaked, don't let me forget.

Ghoti posted above what I started with, I couldn't recall the users nick, but that is the one, it is a good one

Awesome, thanks! I'm a big fan of the 2-row/pale ale + munich + melo/aromatic for hoppy beers. Incidentally, I think Two Brothers Outlaw IPA is pretty much that, IIRC.

I'll pm it to you, I cant take credit for its creation I found the original on hbt and tweaked and substituted some grains based on friends comments. I'll pass you the orig & tweaked, don't let me forget.

Ghoti posted above what I started with, I couldn't recall the users nick, but that is the one, it is a good one

If you can send me your updates to the recipe I would love to test it out. I have a pound of Citra waiting to be used :ban:

I have a voicemail in with the warehouse manager. I still don't know if we are getting grain today.

I brewed a second batch of this but with 80% citra and 20% Amarillo. Dry hopping next weekend.

kalifornsky said:
I brewed a second batch of this but with 80% citra and 20% Amarillo. Dry hopping next weekend.

Very nice, we love ZD and GH, unfortunately 15 gallons doesn't last long around here, we are working on a 10% hop slam clone, leaving me with a lot of fuzzy mornings.

You beer guys if grain doesn't get delivered and your anxious for the weekend, we can work something out.

Frank if I or my girl has time we'll try to run and grab you 3 Ballers.

Very nice, we love ZD and GH, unfortunately 15 gallons doesn't last long around here, we are working on a 10% hop slam clone, leaving me with a lot of fuzzy mornings.

You beer guys if grain doesn't get delivered and your anxious for the weekend, we can work something out.

A guy in my club actually emailed Bells and they helped him clone it. I can send you the recipe if you like.

ghoti said:
A guy in my club actually emailed Two Brothers and they helped him clone it. I can send you the recipe if you like.

Love to look at it, if you get time to look it up..maybe at the end of this GB thread we can all do a bit of recipe trading.

Matt had a good ryePA at pickup last time, had a rye'd tiger at FFF last night.
They had a good black wheat beer, einhorn I think it was called, could have been a bit roastier for my tastes, but good nonetheless.

I'm thinking that we are not getting grain today. Have not heard back from the warehouse directly.

Neopol said:

Sounds good to me, thank you!!!

We are not getting grain today. MCM processed the first $5000 (my check card's limit) transaction yesterday. They tried to process the balance today and it was declined. In talking with my bank, the card has a $5000 limit per 24 hours. However, since today is Friday the card wouldn't be able process the balance until Tuesday. I'm not sure why it's not Monday but whatever. In the mean time they are going to try to get authorization to allow the balance to be processed as soon as today. I used to get 7 days with MCM to pay but I think there's a new person in accounting and now they want it prepaid. I will keep everyone posted as usual. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate banks?

You would think with all the technology they would be able to do things a little quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back