Slightly Trashy Mill Station

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrygringo

Reaction score
I've been doing extract/steeping grain home brew for almost a year, and it's time to move to partial mash & all grain. I bought a Victoria mill to grind steeping grains, so to start with it is what I'll use for grinding grain. I have seen a few set ups like this on here, so I decided to give it a try. So with a half-a**ed plan I cut a notch in the bucket so the mill would sit closer to the inside of the bucket better and clamped the mill to a piece of scrap 2x6, set it on top and traced the bucket outline. I cut it out so the top of the 1x6 would sit flush with the top of the bucket.

100_0749.jpg

100_0751.jpg

100_0752.jpg

I used a 5"-4" reducer for a grain chute into the bucket with the edge notched to get it to set as close as possible to the mill. I was going to run screws through the sides of the bucket, but I wanted the top to be removable. I drilled pilot holes and used plastic screw anchors and screws for the mounting board to rest on- not sure how much weight it will support, but it seems fairly sturdy. I cut the lid out so it will fit over the mounting board to keep dust in. The last pic is of the bottom of the mill.

100_0753.jpg

100_0754.jpg

100_0755.jpg

100_0756.jpg

Here is how it looks all together- gonna start out using the hand crank to get in shape for golf season (blatant lie- after knocking down the wist list definitely gonna invest in a drill to run it). Also looks like I need to straighten my Guinness print! Cheers!

100_0758.jpg

100_0760.jpg

Back