North East OHIO group grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pola0502ds im sorry, I should have thought before I made the orginal post to this forum. I should have just stuck to PM and let you post here. my bad :drunk:

I'm around Akron, and would love to get in on a group buy sometime in the future!

Some guys actually a lot closer to you and in the Akron area just did one in the fall. As far as I know they order twice a year. Talk to the SAAZ beer club I think the guy who leads that Akron buy is a member. I found another off line group of guys here in Cleveland and we just finished a buy last month, next time should be around Oct. I planned wisely this time and bought 7 sacks of grain vs 3 I bought in this threads buy. However, in hind sight I probably would have bought 10 instead of 7 witlth all the brewing I have been doing.

I'd be happy to bring grain from Monroeville to Wheeling for any of the Ohio brewers. Would knock a little over an hour off your drive time.

I am in NE Ohio. Planning on making a trip out of it and hitting Rivertowne Pour House Brewery in Monroeville!

PJM said:
I'd be happy to bring grain from Monroeville to Wheeling for any of the Ohio brewers. Would knock a little over an hour off your drive time.

...for a couple home brews or more!!

I could also bring stuff back for some NE Ohio guys if needed.

What kind of space do you have?

I have a 3/4 ton Dodge and would either burn $70 to Wheeling or about $90 to Monroeville round trip in diesel. I have a cap on it and it is a long bed, so plenty of room

If someone wants to go in on the fuel, I can make the trip if we need more room. Heck I would be down to hit the brewery in Monroeville if we just want to ride together. I am open to suggestions.

I am debating on about 7 bags plus Star-San.

wyoohio said:
What kind of space do you have?

I have a 3/4 ton Dodge and would either burn $70 to Wheeling or about $90 to Monroeville round trip in diesel. I have a cap on it and it is a long bed, so plenty of room

If someone wants to go in on the fuel, I can make the trip if we need more room. Heck I would be down to hit the brewery in Monroeville if we just want to ride together. I am open to suggestions.

I am debating on about 7 bags plus Star-San.

Well you have some good points , I have a truck but no cap. I have our Element with plenty of space for maybe 5 bags total so not optimal either for yours and mine! But.... Beer at Monroeville sounds good!

Lets see how it all pans out closer to shipping...

I am picking up mine and probably McGees , totaling about 8 bags. That makes my vehicle full. Sorry all, let you know closer to shipping time if anything changes.

Back