LME Spill and other horror stories

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jyda

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
7# of LME spilled in the bottom of the car yesterday. SWMBO is not impressed. Hopefully I can remedy the situation before she nixes brewing haha. Anyone have anything similar happen?

Well it wasn't too bad. Lots of boiling hot water, a shop vac, and about an hour and a half. I ended up with perfectly dissolved wort in the shop vac. Though I did go against conventional wisdom and dumped this batch ;)

In November I was getting a delivery from BrewBrothers while I was in Portland who does free deliveries in the area over $200.

They called to say they were running late because of an LME disaster. They use CO2 to push LME out of the 55 gallon barrels into smaller containers when a customer has an order, they left one under pressure over night on accident and when they came into work that morning the barrel had exploded LME everywhere.

Latest posts

Back