Bottle Cap Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flountown

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking to do a bottle cap mosaic of the following image and need some help to figure out what beers make certain colored caps.
RememberTheSpectrum.jpg

Now, I want the Spectrum to stand out so for the black caps I want to get blank crown caps, but have only found gold and non-black assorted colors. Flying Fish is local and delicious and use only red caps, so I have that covered, but I still need reccomendations for beers that use the following colors:

Brown
Dark Brown
Cream/Offwhite
Orange
Green
Blue

TIA for any help, and I also need a line on blank black crown caps as well.

And just to clarify, I am not asking caps to be sent to me or anything, just info regarding what beers could these colors be found on...

2009...Did they tear it down?

Been to a few concerts there. What did they end up doing with the Rocky statue? I know they didn't want it at the museum.

FYI...both parents are from Philly (I was born in Camden) and I lived at 4th and Mifflin a while and in the K&A area, still have relatives on 2 Street.

Its final full season was the Phantoms this past year, but the last event will probably be sometime in August or September, possibly a concert on the last anniversary of its opening. There was speculation for a demolition on NYE, but with the Flyers probably being in the Winter Classic I imagine it is put on hold.

If this becomes to difficult I will probably not do the full "patch" but just the building, so I still need recommendations on the brown/tan caps

Well I don' know anything about Philly or it's sports teams but

Green: Sierra Nevada
Blue: Bud Lite, I think, also Chimay Blue

The rest of them I'm at a loss for.

Alaskan Amber is bright red, but for some reason I feel like I've seen some another of their beers with orange label/cap, but maybe I'm just thinking of their obnoxiously bright green IPA label/cap.

I haven't actually seen the cap, but their website suggests that Sierra Nevada Porter has a brown cap.

And, i found this:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/100/251367686_81a0796dce.jpg?v=0

may or may not help.

Try Longhammer or SNPA or maybe Titan IPA from great divide for green.
Anchor porter has a good darker brown. Bell's Oberon is orange and some yellow, but mostly orange. Full Sail's pale I think is a lighter blue. I can't think of any lighter brown caps right now. Hope this helps.

It's not torn down yet. I know there's at least shows there until October. Such a better place to see music than the wachovia center imo.

Stella Artois has a very nice white cap with a tan logo design. They would suit you for offwhite/tan/ and or white depending on your surrounding colors.

They would make a good fishing lure (google the red neck bottle cap lure).

Try Longhammer or SNPA or maybe Titan IPA from great divide for green.
Anchor porter has a good darker brown. Bell's Oberon is orange and some yellow, but mostly orange. Full Sail's pale I think is a lighter blue. I can't think of any lighter brown caps right now. Hope this helps.

I believe Longhammer is actually a blue cap with green writing isn't it? It's been awhile since I've had it, so I could be wrong.

As somone said earlier, it is yet to be torn down. It is a much better acoustic building than the Center, and for me it will always be called the Corestates Center.

Thanks for the help, especially on the browns and orange...any more ideas to get blank black caps?

I have to recommendations. First just check your local HBS, I have a pretty large HBS and they have a ton of different bottle caps (including black, blue, everything). If black is the main one you are looking for you could always just drink a ton of Laguntis beers. I know that most of their bottle caps are black. But I would recommend going to your HBS and just talking to the owner, if they dont have what you want ask if he will order it. Usually they will help you get what you want.

Back