ordered low-profile kegs with no pressure relief valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LovesIPA

Reaction score
I apparently made a mistake when I ordered four kegs online. They're low profile, about 3 inches shorter than my other four kegs. I'm not real worried about that too much as I just didn't read the specs very carefully. They also have no pressure relief valves but I didn't know what that meant when I ordered them. How do people deal with no pressure relief valves? Do you just crack the post open enough to bleed/vent pressure?

^ That works fine. Just be sure to never fill the keg above the gas dip tube, else you best have a towel handy ;)

Cheers!

Hmmm. Sounds like the voice of experience to me. :D

Another tip- if you want to just use a screwdriver down on the gas "in" post to relieve the pressure, that's fine. But double check that you are on the "in" post and not the "out" post.

Trust me on that one. :drunk:

Ok. I guess it's not as big of a deal as I thought.

I was kegging a stout the other day and filled it past the bottom of the gas tube. Lesson learned, never again! I'm pretty sure I still have stout in my regulator.

Latest posts

Back