What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tastes like an IPA stout

image-179371021.jpg

Schells Stag series Rauchbier.Pretty shure they quit making this sweet az beer,my second sixer of this sat dusty on a store shelf and well aged over a year untouched and pretty shure it was the same six pack,overlooked it manytimes till I decided how I remembered how good the first sixer of this was and somewhat how rare this style seems still even today,that I picked it up and still think its an awesome beer. Its discontinued I believe,underappreaciated and I have a few left still and holds up to age or ages very well.

Just finished a Narwhal. I'm waiting on my wort to chill so I can pitch the yeast and go to bed. I may have a summit, cascade pale ale while I wait.

Cigar City Maduro. Excellent brown ale.

I've had it on can and tap and its exponentially better on tap. I had it a while back at charm city burgers in deer field beach. Was AWESOME with my burger.

BTW ran out.. (err.....) now on a Young's Double Chocolate Stout..

youngs-double-chocolate-stout.jpg

Even after a 32 OZ growler of the Hardywood.. I can tell you this isn't near as good as the Hardywood.. not even close. I do not care what Beer Advocate says on this.. don't think there is enough sample of Hardywood to compare... I think if you gave the entire Beer community access to Hardywood.. they would give it a 100.

I was never terribly impressed with Young's Double Chocolate Stout. Also, I've always thought the logo on the bottle (and some of their other beers) looks like a diagram of the female human reproductive system. :D I'd love to give Hardywood's a try but I've never seen it where I live.

Hey,what else can you do when yet another winter storm is blowing in?! Drinkin some SNPA & a lil vodka now. Jusr poured the yeast vial in my 800mL starter for version2 of my Hopped & Confused ale tomorrow. Gotta get to the lhbs in the morning. Used the wrong bag of DME for the starter. DOOOOH!

Every time I post in this thread I'm drinking either a margarita or something crappy. Well I finally have something unique to report. I just picked up a growler of Midnight Sun's Trickster. This beer is awesome! It's basically a pumpkin ale fermented with Belgian yeast. REALLY REALLY enjoyable.

Enjoying a pint of my mild mannered ale as the storm picks up here in Boston. Few people jogging and riding their bikes.. But very few cars on the road. Something tells me I'll get a nice little buzz on looking out this window today.

image-254717777.jpg

Back