Gruagach 80/-

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walker

I use secondaries. :p
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just getting my drunk ramblings thread started now, because I'm finally brewing my Scottish Ale tonight. Off to the store to buy some bottled water now (the tap water here in Raleigh contains a chlorine/ammonia mix, and the ammonia prevents you from being able to boil off the chlorine) and will be diving in head first at about 9pm.

I hope this goes smoother than the last brew day!

See you at the bar later.

-walker

good luck to you, too.

my steep water is heating up right now...... 22oz IPA open and waiting for consumption.

so... who's drinking with me tonight?

-walker

Guess it's me, but not for long. Finally got that new pop-up book from the library today. Mrs. Monkey's gonna help me with the big words. Can't wait to get started. Is this the brew with the ouija board/ Proctor and Gamble-looking label?

you can always count on the monkey to be there and help tip your glass.

yes, this is the P&G Satan label brew.

-walker

Sudster said:
Was Pandora really naked when she oped up her box? :D

I don't know, but believe it or not... 4 out of 5 pictures I found when searching had a naked (or at least scantily clad) Pandora depicted. Maybe she was dressed when she started messing with the lock, but I guess she she really did let all the wicked stuff out it opened.

Sudster said:
Another Cool one Walker!

Thanks!

-walker

Met this Pandora once in the Phiilpines,or was it El Segundo ? Box fuul of bad things. Drinking Mumbling Monkey Amber tonight. Didn't lager it, so I guess it's an ale. Hell, call it that , if you want to. It all feels the same in my head. :drunk:

Getting ready to collect 2nd runnings and get my boil on. Almost done with my second pint of porter since starting the mash :drunk:

LupusUmbrus said:
Getting ready to collect 2nd runnings and get my boil on. Almost done with my second pint of porter since starting the mash :drunk:

Monday night brewin..Man , that's a labor of love.

Too lazy to brew tonight. I'm sipping a pint of Stiffy [or as close as I've managed to get]. This may be an all ale dining experience.

I'm making some sanitizer. 2.5 lbs of sugar in 2 quarts of water plus 4 grams of Distiller's yeast. OG 1129 Started bubbling within 5 minutes. This is a test to see if this yeast strain puts off any bad flavors before I use it in Old Bog Water barley wine.

Either this has never happened before, or I have never noticed it before.... although, sitting here looking at it, I find it hard to accept that I simply never noticed this before, but.....

I'm about 30 minutes into my boil, and the top 3 feet of airspace in my kitchen is filled with a thick fog. It's slowly spilling through the doorways and into other rooms, and it seems to just hover there.

it's kind of creepy. I'm going to see if the camera can capture it.

-walker

It is the evil spirits. That is why be boil for so long, to make sure all the evil spirits are release from the wort :drunk:

Latest posts

Back