Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Genjin said:
One of the best threads on here. I love all of the creative labels. Here are a couple that I whipped up for the brews bottled and in the fermenters:

These look awesome how did you create them?

image-233129532.jpg

This is our first. A restaurant manager, a warehouse workhorse and an IT nerd team up to make create great beer.

slim2043 said:
This is our first. A restaurant manager, a warehouse workhorse and an IT nerd team up to make create great beer.

Is this 7x3? I've always done half labels but I love doing the packaging more then the brewing so a full label it is next time. Nice design!

bellmtbbq said:
Is this 7x3? I've always done half labels but I love doing the packaging more then the brewing so a full label it is next time. Nice design!

5.5 x 3 I believe. Used a DFH label to size it. Drawn by my cobrewer then remastered digitally by an artist then colored and layed out by me and my fiancé.

Here's our first attempt -- a nice, clean design to match the finish on this beer!

I ordered from Grogtags, with the AHS discount. We'll see how they turn out.

grogtag_softland_citra.jpg

Cheers!

Here are my last several labels:
BeerLabelVeryNeatCherryWheat.jpg

Tastes like sour cherry soda more than beer, but I'm not complaining…

BeerLabelMocktoberfest.jpg

Trying to wait until the official first day of Oktoberfest to crack into these, but I don't think I'll make it. Sample on bottling day tasted good.

BeerLabelBringMeCornLAGER.jpg
BeerLabelBringMeCornALE.jpg
BeerLabelBringMeCorn.jpg

Brewed a 7.5 gallon batch then split it and fermented 2.5 gallons with ale yeast and 5 with lager yeast. I did four bottles of each of the separate ones and then blended them and bottled the rest. Small variations for each.

hahahaha! I LOVE this label...would definitely make me wanna buy! :)

Thanks! I drank half of those soon after bottling and then packed some away and just had the first one in a few months and it has aged well! The smoke tastes much better integrated rather than just being on top of the rest of the beer. Looking forward to taking a few down to BYOB BBQ restaurant down the street.

My latest label with back info label. A friend of mine drew up the logo for me. (credit: William Dickey Photography)

DuelingHeronsLabelForPosting.jpg

DuelingHeronsBackLabelForPosting.jpg

Calichusetts said:
Very nice layout and color scheme...the feathering/layer mask around the lady looks a little strange though.

I believe that's from the original painting, not from software.

I'll add mine to the mix. I got going on Gimp a few nights ago with the goal of developing a logo and beer label. Got both. It should be easy to use this base style for all my labels. I can swap out the photo, change the background color and text real easy.

It has the obligatory hops and barley on the label. Center top is the logo I came up with.

milkstoutlabel-56391.jpg

jasonsbeer

Good concept label. I would add a hint of highlight to the eye(s) and bring them up just a bit to add more life to the model.

While high contrast white labels can look amazing on a bottle, without label paper that's 100% opaque and a matte or gloss finish, it always looks terrible. I use label paper that has adhesive gum on one side (like a stamp) but once I wet it to get it to stick, the paper looses some of its opaqueness. With white labels, it looks like crap.

If you buy super thick finished paper, you could always use the milk method of applying the paper to the bottle.

It's all about production quality :)

Fished up the labels. Stuck one of each last night as even with three people tearing them, it was too late to glue them all on. 150 bottles to do tonight. Not the best phone photo but it's taken from inside a Pizza and Victory Headwaters coma.

They are 6" x 3.5" about a 3/4 wrap on the bottles. Printed on resumé paper for some added texture. Stuck with glue sticks.

Zip of the PSD: http://is.gd/v44Hnm

first_labels.jpg

RF-print_proof.jpg

KSW-print_proof.jpg

H1-print_proof.jpg

Fished up the labels. Stuck one of each last night as even with three people tearing them, it was too late to glue them all on. 150 bottles to do tonight. Not the best phone photo but it's taken from inside a Pizza and Victory Headwaters coma.

These are really nice. What paper are you using? Do you mind sharing the Illustrator/PS file?

While high contrast white labels can look amazing on a bottle, without label paper that's 100% opaque and a matte or gloss finish, it always looks terrible. I use label paper that has adhesive gum on one side (like a stamp) but once I wet it to get it to stick, the paper looses some of its opaqueness. With white labels, it looks like crap.

If you buy super thick finished paper, you could always use the milk method of applying the paper to the bottle.

It's all about production quality :)

Yeah this issue is with the paper. Using what I have readily available, color is the best way for me to make it presentable.

Thanks. Is the texture on the edges from the resume paper?

I put each label 3 up into a PDF and added crop marks. We used a ruler and ripped the excess off leaving the tattered edges. Butting the labels together it was 6 tears per sheet. Do the long edges first, makes for less tears ;)

I put each label 3 up into a PDF and added crop marks. We used a ruler and ripped the excess off leaving the tattered edges. Butting the labels together it was 6 tears per sheet. Do the long edges first, makes for less tears ;)

Great idea!

Back