Water Filtering Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXANM

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I recently moved & have a new house with a water well on my property. Besides full RO, is there anything else I can do for less filtration to this water? I have attached my water sample analysis.

Fox Hills Water Sample.jpg

Is that post water softener? It has a ton of sodium and chloride. Either way, you need ion removal to brew with that and that means RO.

That is straight out of the well. I was shocked at the Sodium content as well. It is almost like a natural water softner. The formation is the Fox Hills formation, and is at 950' in this area.

The only issue I have with RO is that I am on septic here. If I RO I will have a highly concentrated waste stream and that will go down my septic and leach into my soil.

Also, in order to supply my house with water I would be looking at a system that would cost thousands. Has anybody build an economical whole house filter system on here yet?

Latest posts

Back