Beer flavor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insnekamkze86

Reaction score
Hello there im in the middle of brewing a irish stout and its been 14 days now in the primary carboy and it tastes done so im going to rack it to another carboy tomorrow but was wondering before i rack it can i add some flavor to it like coco or something? Right now it tastes robust like a porter more than a stout, somewhere on the lines of roasted beans something similar what you get from a roasted barley.

I used a coopers irish stout extract kit along with 1lb of muntons dry dark malt and 2 pounds of cane sugar, and 3 table spoons of burton water salts. I like the flavor that i got from the beer just was wondering about adding other flavors as well.

You can, but I wouldn't. Some of the "roasty" flavor will settle out and some sweetness should come in more with time. Keep your first brews simple, then you can look into adding stuff into secondary.

okay thanks guys i wont add it i was just curious though next time if i want it i add the flavor that i want when i start making the brew.

Back