Kegging Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rednekhippiemotrcyclfreak

Reaction score
Corny kegs, CO2 bottles, tap handles, hoses, shanks, regulators, etc. The more I look, the more I think I need to buy to get started on this. Is there anywhere on the forum, or some other place where concise and complete info is available on the required piece parts to start a "complete" corny keg system?

Just order the starter kits with shanks and faucets. AHS has a good one, Midwest Brew supply has the one I got, and rest easy...once you have it all laid out in front of you...it's not nearly so intimidating.

Using cobra taps makes things simpler. I just got started kegging too. With the cobra tap I didn't need to modify my chest freezer in any kind of permanent way or really build anything. Just taps, lines, quick disconnects for beer and for gas, a regulator, and a tank. Other than that it's just hose clamps and keg lube.

I was the same way - no idea what all I needed. The kit makes it very simple.

I just went with the Midwest Supplies 4 keg system because it was the cheapest I could find, although I'm to lazy to look very hard:). I called them up and upgraded to Perlick faucets instead of the picnic taps and it was no problem.

I just got mine from KegConnection last week. Ben will let you add/subtract items from a kit so you get just what you want. I was able to pick up a CO2 tank and regulator off CL so didn't need those items.

Latest posts

Back