Replacing beer lines in sanyo conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drunkatuw

Reaction score
The tower I bought for my sanyo conversion came with 5ft beer lines and I'd like to replace those with 8ft lines. But I can't figure out how to remove the lines.

Here is the tower I have: http://www.qualityequipmentcompany.com/cartitem.asp?pId=75

D4743DT.jpg

When I take off the faucet, I still can't get to the inside of the tower. My hands are too big to fit in the tower (and I'd rather not remove the tower from the fridge if I don't have to). I tried taking the top of the tower off, but it appears to be welded or glued on.

Anyone ever replace the lines are a tower like this?

I need to open mine up and replace them as well.

I was thinking I could take the shank and loosen it up and pull the beer line through the top while still connected to the shank. Then when I'm done, just feed it back down through the hole and into the kegerator.

I don't have a kegerator at this moment though...

I don't think the top welds on. You'd never be able to get to the shanks if that was the case. Try pushing a broom handle or golf club handle (you get the idea) up through the bottom and apply a little tapping force to the top. It's probably just a pressure fit. The shank is held in with a big locknut on the inside.

Another option would be to add additional line onto the end of the current lines.

I'm piecing together a kegerator and I'm considering putting 2' of line from the shanks down through the tower and then using additional line to get the total length I want for serving. That way, if I'm serving something with more carbonation, I can change to a longer line without having to mess with the tower/shanks at all. A little more hardware to buy and one more place for a leak, but I think I'll prefer that to having to mess with the tower & shanks.

I have a similar issue. I can get the cap off (yes, it'll slide off, just give it some elbow grease, yo!), but I don't know exactly how those elbow fittings inside actually work, and I don't wanna go detaching them without knowing how to reattach them first.

Back