First Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USMCBrewer

Reaction score
Well, after some urging from my neighbor, and some very tasty samples of his home brew, I've delved into the world of home brew. I just opened a couple of bottles of my first batch. After 14 days in the primary and 12 days in the bottle, I'm quite happy with the results. I chose a Honey Wheat for my first brew, and I'm happy with the flavor and color. I think they need at least another week in the bottle, as I got little to zero head while pouring. I've already brewed my second batch, and am already changing things, and becoming much more comfortable with the process.

I can't say thanks enough to all y'all on the forums here. I have learned so much from reading, and can't wait to keep trying new things!

image-3948450900.jpg

Very good - congrats on the first batch. Another 9 days in the bottle might change things around a bit as far as the head on the beer. It might be under carbonated a but. I'm almost done with a batch of amber wheat and it was much better after the 21-day - 3 week mark in the bottle - and then refrigerated for at least 48.

Keep brewing.. It gets more fun every time.

Back