Newb needs help pls!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamal_barber

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to brewing and ran into an issue today. I am a little over a week into my first attempt at a grape wine, I tried adding a little bit of sugar today and BOOM it started erupting What is the best way to adding more sugar to the mix without repainting my ceiling? :confused:

During fermentation CO2 is produced, before adding extra sugars blow off some of the gas by agitation or stirring. Or simply add slowly.

aceparadis said:
During fermentation CO2 is produced, before adding extra sugars blow off some of the gas by agitation or stirring. Or simply add slowly.

Or dissolve the sugar in water. It is still best to stir before adding anything to release some of the CO2.

Ok, I will be racking tonight and will try to make sure i release as much co2 as I can before adding the sugar water. I really hope its more subtle this time.

Another way is to put the sugar in first and rack the wine onto it. I suggest adding only a fraction and then stirring and then adding the rest of the wine.

Back