• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB - Conical Fermenter for 20 Gal Batches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakecpunut

Reaction score
We're needing a couple of conicals for 20 g batches.. We've looked at the Blichmann 27 FV's.

If anyone is selling one or 2 or something similar please send me a PM.

Or if you have any feedback positive or negative on the Blichmann's..

Thanks!

No practical experience with anything that big, but I've noticed that my 14 gallon Blichmann runs about 3-4 degrees hotter in my "cool room" than what my 6 gallon Better Bottles did when actively fermenting.

Do you have a plan for keeping these cool?

Take a look at Toledo Metal Spinning. You may be able to get them to fab something that will require some assembly on your part for far less cash than the Blingman stuff.

No practical experience with anything that big, but I've noticed that my 14 gallon Blichmann runs about 3-4 degrees hotter in my "cool room" than what my 6 gallon Better Bottles did when actively fermenting.

Do you have a plan for keeping these cool?

Thanks.. we're currently using the wineries barrel room which is temp controlled and right now is at a constant 65. Not exactly the best scenario but may have to do for now. But at least we can keep it under 70 and may can drop the room to 60 if need be..

We have a glycol system but really don't want to go that route with the pilot system's FV's

Yea the brewhemouth is about 22 gallons total.

That being said, you might want to give Dale a call as I'm sure they could make something relatively quickly for your 20 gallon needs.

I have a brewhemouth and absolutely love it!

Yea the brewhemouth is about 22 gallons total.

That being said, you might want to give Dale a call as I'm sure they could make something relatively quickly for your 20 gallon needs.

I have a brewhemouth and absolutely love it!

Back