northern brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twanger1994

Reaction score
Ordered some hops from NB. They sent 3oz. of the wrong kind. Not a big deal. I like to keep a supply so I had what I needed for the brew.

Sent them a friendly email to let them know, they immediately responded and sent me the the correct hops. got to keep the wrong ones too..

THNX NB!!!!!

While you're on the topic of great HBS customer service I thought I would recount a great experience I had recently. A few weeks ago I ordered a dual body C02 regulator from Austin Homebrew Supply. After a week or two I discovered that the regulator had a leak (or at least that is what I thought after much spraying/leak testing).

I emailed them to see if I could exchange it for a new one and within a few hours received an email response stating that upon getting my exchange request they immediately (as in same day) sent out a new replacement with free shipping (To Anchorage, Alaska no less!). They also included a prepaid UPS sticker so that I could just stick the old one in the box and send it back free of charge. There was also NO restocking fee. Note that when I ordered the initial regulator, shipping was about 45 bucks due to it being mailed to a non-contiguous state. So for them to go the extra mile and foot the bill for the replacement/return shipping AND send me the replacement regulator without any hassle simply blew me away. By the way, the replacement regulator works excellent.

I will most certainly be doing business with Austin Homebrew Supply in the future. Highly recommended!

Been brewing for many years, and as such I've dealt with most of the online suppliers out there. Here is my list that I keep going back to with 100% confidence:

1. Midwest Supplies
2. Austin
3. Hmm... There is no three, everyone else, as great as they may be, has let me down at least once....

That's not to say that the others are "bad", just that they've had some issues from time to time. Maybe slow shipping, slow response to customer service inquiries, or whatever.

The two I listed have always gone above and beyond to take care of a customer, even when the customer was a jackass like me who was clearly in the wrong. No argument, no hassle, just a quick "no problem, we'll send that right out"...

There are plenty of others who are "good", but the two I listed are absolutely top notch.

Ordered some hops from NB. They sent 3oz. of the wrong kind. Not a big deal. I like to keep a supply so I had what I needed for the brew.

Sent them a friendly email to let them know, they immediately responded and sent me the the correct hops. got to keep the wrong ones too..

THNX NB!!!!!

once they sent me pilsner malt instead of wheat. One phone call and no hassle, the wheat was on the way.

Did you get a free Brewing TV pint glass for your trouble? I recently received the wrong hops from NB and when they sent me the correct hops they included a free pint glass. NICE!

Northern Brewer has amazing customer service. However, I have had three orders in a row that were wrong. I plan my brewing time into an already busy schedule and having to wait an additional three days for them to ship the corrected order can postpone my brewing by weeks. I received my third incorrect order about 2 hours ago from UPS. I sent an email to NB letting them know I was no longer going to be a customer. Might try AHS next time.

Northern Brewer has managed in less than two months, to short me on some recipe (missing grains), and to send me a broken hydrometer, that never got replaced...So I am done with them, being acquired by Big Beer is not enticing either, so looking for an alternate supplier....Our local HBS is stop/go now with all the CV19 stuff

Back