Brew Sculpture Project!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neckbone

Reaction score
OK, I've been an extract brewer for the past 4 years. I've done one all grain batch that turned out ok, but, I didn't get near the effenciency that I needed, therefore my gravity was wayyy under what it should have been. I'm not positive when I'll do another allgrain batch, but I just scored a great addition for when I make the jump.

i showed up at my shop, and two of these were sitting beside my roll up door. Asked the guy next door about them, and he got them from Lowes when they were replacing them, and he has no use for them. Said they're mine if I wanted them. "HELL YEAH!!" These are the plant stands you see in front of the stores. It's very very sturdy, great shelves, and has four heavy duty casters under it. Here's what I'm thinking, and I'd love to hear other ideas.

HLT on top shelve, mash tun on middle, and kettle on bottom under the HLT. I should be able to attach burners wherever I want them. However, for now, I'm going to keep doing extract with my kettle on the middle shelve so that I don't have to add a pump. I'll add a couple when I truly make the jump to all grain. The dimensions are 72"X51"X31". Right now, I boil in a 20gal aluminum pot and would like to keep the option of 10+ gal brews.

Please feel free to add comments, ideas, or tips on how to make the best use out of this.

Lowes Stand5.jpg

Lowes Stand4.jpg

Lowes Stand3.jpg

Lowes Stand2.jpg

Lowes Stand1.jpg

might not need a pump depending on how tall the shelving is.. might not fully be able to do a gravity system. with that being said though... i am jealous! i like

if I'm doing 10 gal boils, ill probably need the pump to get it into the fermenter. just doing extract on the middle shelf I can siphon.

Back