Unused 40 oz malt liquor bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boswell

Reaction score
So, for the kitsch factor, i'd like to get myself a case of 40 oz bottles, without actually having to drink the **** in them, to use as 'growlers' to send beer home with friends. I've internetted my face off, and cannot find anywhere to purchased unused 40 bottles. Anyone?

I'd invite a bunch of friends over for a free beer party...probably a lot more fun than just pouring it out...

The number you need is gonna dictate the size of the party.. If you only need 15-20, just invite over a couple of open minded girls ..

Just buy some and pour a little out for the homies that didn't make it. You can get a king cobra for like 1.79.

It's been years since I've even looked at a 40. But don't they generally have cheap metal screwtops? Those might not hold up to many fillings, openings, and closings.

Then again, they'll be cheap to chuck in the recycle bin and buy new ones.

Cheap screw caps yes, I figured they'd be filled a couple times for friends as 'growlers' to go, not bottling directly to be carbed. May just have to buy a case, have a party. What's so cool, unlike regular bottles, 40's come in all kinds of different shapes. Wonder who makes them anyways. . .

Cheap screw caps yes, I figured they'd be filled a couple times for friends as 'growlers' to go, not bottling directly to be carbed. May just have to buy a case, have a party. What's so cool, unlike regular bottles, 40's come in all kinds of different shapes. Wonder who makes them anyways. . .

Yeah, That's what I was figuring you were planning. Couldn't hurt to be reused two or three times before being pitched out.

You should get rubber stamps and put your brewing name and beer names on paper bags as "labels".

I have a couple screw cap large bottles, one was a bud 32 oz and another forty something. I fill from a cobra tap. They work great when I need to take a few pints out to a friends house. The screw caps work fine.

Well, if you want something drinkable I would suggest golden anniversary. Not by any means good, but it doesn't make you want to puke either, so its got that going for it I guess....

relax, have a home brew.

Latest posts

Back