First Brew updates, with photos

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor_Wily

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

So i started my first brew a few weeks ago (see https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/first-real-brew-irish-red-ale-317959/) and I am 8 days into bottle conditioning. I finally decided I wanted to try one this evening just to see where it is.

I am pleased.

The smell is quite good. Smells as I would expect an Irish Red to smell. a nice amber color (not so much "red" but nice and amber) with a nice bit of carb when sipping. a slightly sweet touch at first with a nice slight bittering to round it off towards the end.

I am also quite pleased with the CLARITY of the beer. I did not expect it to be as clear as it is.

Attached are a couple quick photos I snapped.

I have to resist the urge to drink another and let this stuff sit and age another week or 2.

Cheers!

PS. my camera sux and I feel it doesn't do the beer justice.

IMG00583-20120425-0111.jpg

IMG00590-20120425-0115.jpg

Good job man. There are plenty of more good ones to come. Do yourself a favor and buy a 12 pack of your favorite craft beer...don't act like you can't get ahold of Founder's Breakfast Stout....and work on that until your Red has been in the bottle for 3 weeks. Once they have been, hide a 6 pack in your closet and don't touch that bad boy for 6 months. It'll only get better.

:mug:

How u get so clear mine have sat in fermentation for 3-4 weeks and in bottles for any where from 2 weeksand a few saved for 4 months and always comes out cloudy, tried a few types including light dark and October fest always cloudy

I gotta tell ya, i'm on my 3r done of these throughout the evening (it's been several hours between, waiting for them to chill in the fridge) and this one is the best so far. Even more clear, nice flavor, decent head. I'm sooo hooked on this. :-D

Back