So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Plan on brewing a chocolate cherry stout. This will fill all five of my carboys. Can't wait till all this beer ready.

Have a honey wheat planned for Monday. The wife just bought me some legit pint glasses to add to my collection, maybe I need to do a Boddington's clone so I can use em.

Just pitched the yeast into my first recipe entirely of my own creation: an English IPA with (too many!) American hops. The hop back was so clogged it took 20 minutes to fill the carboy plus I only ended up with 4.75 gallons – but the OG was exactly right.

I'm having the same problem, the only thing I can point to is the crush. I just ordered the mm2 from Midwest. I use RO and monitor PH and my thermometers are calibrated. I will be running some tests when the mill arrives.

I think a lot of it has to do with the crush, but Im also having problems with my mash tun absorbing MASSIVE amounts of heat (like 10+ degrees) while Im pre-heating it. so I've still got a little playing around to do as well.

Brewing a clone of a local beer: 483 Pale Ale from Great River. It's really more of an Amber but it's good and I'm having fun trying to see how close I can get.

About to get started on some Pumpkin Ale! The beer is great for the fall holiday season but those bottles found in late spring were really smooth and tasty.

Gonna brew a Scottish Ale tomorrow, somewheres between a 70/- and 80/- (so 75/- I guess, heh).

If all goes to plan and it's not too windy outside (like it was today), it'll also be my first brew outside of the kitchen. Gonna try out the turkey fryer!

I pumped out an AG oaked porter that I plan to age with spiced rum!! 4 hrs and it's in the temp control fridge... Cooling off!

image-3189869021.jpg

brewed a festbier (Märzen) yesterday, bottled my other carboy of Belgian Quad today. Making starters tomorrow for an upcoming brew. A good weekend for beer.

Oh, and I'm drinking a royal amount of homebrew.

Brewed a Porter from left over supplies.

I also fixed my irish red with a 1 oz galena hop tea. i guess my efficiency was way higher than planned, the red turned out cloudy, sweet and almost grey. Now i can taste the chocolate and it has that great red color.

I made a DIPA with the Pliny hop schedule but added different hops. To
Tomorrow I'm making a scotch ale maybe a wee heavy, can't decide.

finally getting around to brewing my BIAB black IPA tomorrow. The LHBS doesn't open till 10 and I have to be at work at 4:45 so I'll be cutting it close but I'll get it done. Its only 3 gallons so it should cool quickly.

Finished brewing a pumpkin ale today. First all-grain biab. Took a lot longer than extract but I am looking forward to the results!

Brewing an American Amber Ale from AHS. Going to make a starter a little later for a Stone Ruination clone tomorrow.

...sounds delicious, Gixxer.

My "Strong Vincent Barleywine" is mashing now. Expected OG = 1.109 using Maris Otter and LME as base plus Victory and C60, Summit and Bravo hops, two packs of S05.

This is my first barleywine, so I am very excited!

Mashing my Oatmeal Raisin Stout right now. All-grain batch lucky #13 for me. Looking forward to drinking this in the Fall.

Just put 6 gallons of Baltic Porter into the fermenter, OG is 1.096. Should be great on a cold winter's night! :)

Haven't brewed since December 2011. Pretty crazy hiatus for me - used to brew weekly. This weekend I went back in full swing. On Saturday, I did a wannabe clone of 10 barrel brewing's "Oregon Brown Ale" a 7% brown with lots of piney and citrusy hops. Today I did a pale ale w/ some toasted malt, honey malt, and simcoe/columbus/centennial. Can't wait to keg these up in a few weeks.

Back