Purging keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gustavo

Reaction score
K so I carbonated my Hefe with priming sugar. When I try to purge my pin lock I keep getting beer shooting out! How would I do it with out having beer squirt out keg

Gustavo said:
K so I carbonated my Hefe with priming sugar. When I try to purge my pin lock I keep getting beer shooting out! How would I do it with out having beer squirt out keg

Slowly. Happened to me a few times. I just put a towel over the keg and slowly bleed it with a bunch of short pulls; then drink away.

Do you have a pressure relief valve on your keg? I've never seen a pin lock that had them. Make sure if you're pressing down on a poppit on a post that you're pushing on the "in" side, not the "out"!

Yeah I have some converted Pin Lock kegs (converted to ball locks, so no relief valve). By depressing the "In" poppit, beer has never squirted at me.

The beer might be over the level of the in poppet, try tilting the keg so the in is above the liquid level, then depress

Back