So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, 2 Hearted Clone! I also will be doing a 2Hearted this weekend. This will be my first repeat brew where I am not changing a thing. I was very happy with the first one.

Using the Bells yeast from the orange pale ale thats in primary right now. Cold crashing in my garage over the holiday and should be ready to rock on Sunday.

Brewing a Belgian Wheat Wine this saturday and cannot wait. I got a feeling its going to be a great beer, as long as we dont get a stuck mash.

Finally getting back around to a RIS I tried back in January but didn't hit my OG well enough to reach the higher ABV I was looking for...hopefully the newer appropriately scaled gear will get me there. Half going on tap, the other into an whiskey barrel for a bit.

Friday I'm going to brew up a Premium American Lager. I'll ferment 10 days(ish) at 50 F, D-rest for 5 days at room temp, then lager for 2-3 month. 10 lb 2-row, 1.75 lb rice, columbus hops to 15 ibus, munich lager yeast. We shall see....

I brewed a nice oatmeal stout yesterday to have ready for Christmas and also kegged a Bavarian heffewiezen that has been cold crashing/conditioning for 3 weeks after two weeks in the primary. It looked and tasted wonderful. Not to finish off my Presidential Porter and Fat Tire clone to make room in my kegerator

Happy Thanksgiving all!!!!

Brewing either a chocolate stout, milk stout or a session beer..... Or maybe 2 small batches of a stout and IPA....at least 2 batches either way.. LOVE a long weekend!

I'll be brewing a gold pale ale with a partial mash/extract profile. Columbus at 60 and 10, Cascade at 5 and 1, Amarillo for dry hopping. Going to rack a gallon of it off at secondary and add some mango just for the hell of it.

Happy brewing everyone!

Well, I guess I've changed my mind to brew up a cream ale instead and will wait to use the 2308 for an O-fest once I get some munich or vienna. 1056 starter going now, and will be pitched into a cream ale tomorrow afternoon/evening. Then I'll use the cake from the cream ale for something else.

brewing a milk stout & greenbelt porter from yeast that I washed 6 weeks ago. first starter too. good times.

Brewing a farmhouse ale recipe and bottling a brown!

image-1917360102.jpg

image-4031727724.jpg

Half way through the boil on a Belma/Nelson Sauvin Rye Pale ale, tomorrow is Dude's Lakewalk pale ale.

Just finished pitching into an IPA I through together using left over ingredients from previous batches.

Hoping the hops lend well to each other.

Magnum>Sorachi Ace>Cascade>Chinook>Amarillo

Bottling the Alcoa Puritan ESB tonight, brewing the 242Sqn. Ale (Belgian Dark Strong) tomorrow morning!! ... can't wait!!

Just finished my 2nd brew day.... And no one died.. No boil over in fact no major mishap at all (that I know of yet) brewed up BB Summer Ale. No just have to clean up. Cheers and thanks for all the help!!

Brewing an 11 gallon batch of my "Big Red Amber Ale," based on Jamil's Evil Twin recipe. Going to hopburst it with amarillo and centennial (yes, I had a stash of amarillo in the fridge!) Should be a winner.

Just finishing up an amber ale. I think I am going to be a little lazy and just sprinkle my US05 instead of rehydrating.

Hey kh54s10. I am doing the same thing with my US05 today. Have you seen Hockyplr's experiment on Youtube? He tests 3 1-gallon batches using 1.) The sprinkle method, 2.) rehydrating, and 3.) starter. He actually got the BEST results using the sprinkle method! (US-05 is very strong and hearty yeast.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bottled some kolsch, going to keg 10 gallons of imperial pilsner, and brew my new zealand pale ale. Busy day.

Back