Group Buy in Chicago #6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do we set the cutoff for this current buy?

• Close it on Monday, October 8, 2012 11:59 PM

• Close it when we reach 164 sacks?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bmason1623 said:
When's the last time you tried?

Before i left work...I'll have to try and log in tomorrow and see what happens. Looking for 1 sack of golden promise, though, if i can reserve a spot!

TyTanium said:
Bump...what do you think about using this as an alternative to PayPal?

No offense.. but personally, if I have to use Chaseorrhea or Skank of America I'm out.. I'll take my antibiotics never to be seen again.

TyTanium said:
Bump...what do you think about using this as an alternative to PayPal?

I don't have a chase account nor will I ever. :) cash or check are other payment options too.

heferly said:
Before i left work...I'll have to try and log in tomorrow and see what happens. Looking for 1 sack of golden promise, though, if i can reserve a spot!

Try again.

Neopol said:
No offense.. but personally, if I have to use Chaseorrhea or Skank of America I'm out.. I'll take my antibiotics never to be seen again.

Agreed. Those big banks screwed Joe Homeowner as far as I'm concerned. I avoid them when possible.

bmason1623 said:
Should we try for 4 pallets?

Why not, if you're cool with it. The weather is behaving, and spring is 5 months away at least. Damn I might need more, thank god my girl is my brew buddy.... wink wink

Whats the current bag count?

Neopol said:
Why not, if you're cool with it. The weather is behaving at least, and spring is 5 months away at least. Damn I might need more, thank god my girl is my brew buddy.... wink wink

I'm fine with it. What does everyone else think?

bmason1623 said:
Should we try for 4 pallets?

Things seem to be rolling along pretty smooth. We filled three pallets with very little issue. I don't think I'm going to order anything else but that isn't to say someone else won't.

Still havent gotten my email notification, tried logging in anyway, not able to get in haha, this is my first group buy, not sure of thats why i cant get in? Any ideas fellas?? *cheers*

homebrewfrank said:
Still havent gotten my email notification, tried logging in anyway, not able to get in haha, this is my first group buy, not sure of thats why i cant get in? Any ideas fellas?? *cheers*

I'm pretty sure I confirmed you. Are you entering your information correctly? Let me know. I may have to delete you so you can start all over again.

I may add some more if we go for a fourth pallet, trying to work out how much room I have to store the extra grain...

Is anyone interested in splitting some Best Malz Pale Wheat?

If people are having trouble logging in, change the first letter of your email address to a capital. I couldn't log in either until I discovered the login and password fields are both case sensitive.

Tried the email with upper and lower case, no help.....bmason, maybe just delete me, and ill start over haha, sorry for the confusion

Doesn't bother me if we do 4 pallets as long as I get some notice so I can make sure I have a truck. I don't think I'd go in for anything more unless we are doing hop contracts, but since some people are having some trouble logging in it might make sense to leave it open for a fourth sack since it seems 3 filled pretty quickly and we might need some space for the extras. Also isn't it like 1 more cent off a pound once we get to 8,000#. That saves me $4.40, which is a beer at a bar or a gallon or two of homebrew depending on the beer. Yeah I'm already starting to count up my pennies for all of this grain.

I'm cool with a fourth pallet but completely out of 2 row, so please don't wait too long. I have other malts to use in the meantime though (pilsner, wheat, MO).

If we are going for more, I would be willing to split some Maris Otter if anyone wants in.

Update Cascade is closed!!!
9lbs NB (urbanmyth, ThirstT, cadwallion*2, RC, metic, hot427cobra, TheBreweryUnderground, brewingmeister)
11lbs Cascade (cadwallion*2, TheOneBuz*3, RC*2, hot427cobra, Jgrove10, TheBreweryUnderground, Demon)
4lbs Magnum (metic, RC, ThirstT, Neopol)
1lb Warrior (wegz15) -I could really do Magnum or Warrior. I want a solid bittering in the freezer.

Bill I will take 1 sac of 2Row. I was trying to figure out the hops first.

Also whoever is getting rice hull...the BEST purchase I have made in a GB!!

I don't have a chase account nor will I ever. :) cash or check are other payment options too.
Yeah, you don’t need a Chase account, just need an email and bank account and Chase will send money to your account. But I’m good with cash/check…just trying to avoid the PayPal fee.

Agreed. Those big banks screwed Joe Homeowner as far as I'm concerned. I avoid them when possible.
Haha…no love for banks? I’ll stay out of this one (I’m a banker).

I may add some more if we go for a fourth pallet, trying to work out how much room I have to store the extra grain...

Is anyone interested in splitting some Best Malz Pale Wheat?

I would go halfsies on a bag of pale wheat.

Whoever is getting rice hulls should just start batch sparging, I'm getting 80% efficiency and mashed a wheat last week that was 70% wheat no problem. Buying rice hulls is taking away from the sweet fermentables!

I am just south of the IL/WI border in Antioch. I can bring some that far.

If you are able to do that, I would be so grateful. Even if you could bring it up to Kenosha I'll come down and pick it up. arcticz1, you hearing this? :ban:

I just put an order in for 2 sac's :mug:

justin

If you are able to do that, I would be so grateful. Even if you could bring it up to Kenosha I'll come down and pick it up. arcticz1, you hearing this? :ban:

I just put an order in for 2 sac's :mug:

justin

I'll make the pick up in Antioch and get as far as Kenosha, no problem.

I just switched out a bag of CMC 2-row for some Great Western, based on comments earlier in the thread. bmason1623, do we need to tell you when we change things round, or will you pick it up when you complete the spreadsheet at the end?

metic said:
I just switched out a bag of CMC 2-row for some Great Western, based on comments earlier in the thread. bmason1623, do we need to tell you when we change things round, or will you pick it up when you complete the spreadsheet at the end?

The database will update everything automatically. All I will do is generate a "report" that I will save in CSV format then import into Google docs. Change stuff around to your heart's content.

Life is good eh?

Just added a sack of GP.. That should do me :)

Anyone keen on 1/3 (or less.. ie more people) split of caramunich?

spreadsheet has been updated. we are at 125 sacks which is 1 shy of three complete pallets.

bmason1623 said:
spreadsheet has been updated. we are at 125 sacks which is 1 shy of three complete pallets.

Still not on for the extras i put in, but we can wait til things are set to see if i can get on a pallet somewhere

heferly said:
Still not on for the extras i put in, but we can wait til things are set to see if i can get on a pallet somewhere

Splits are not listed on the spreadsheet if that's what you're referring to.

I would go in on this one if you guys still need a third person...

Sorry, I've been traveling. I've got one sack of TF&S CII on my order and am good with a 1/4 sack so if Grinch and PseudoChef are good with #13.75/ea. we'll go with a 4 way split.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back