Head First, Full Bore, Building Brew Tree Today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetgorilla

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My GF can't have glutens and she loves beer so we decided to try and brew a gluten free beer. We did that the other day and decided it was a lot of fun so today, I am embarking on mission to build a brew stand for future brews using kegs and gravity. Now if I can figure out how to put pictures on here.

Here's a few questions if you're thinking of a brew tree... Are you malting or using malted gluten free grains? A brew tree is used for a combination of: Heating water (lauter tun), mashing grain (mash tun) and boiling the wort.

If you are only using brown rice syrup or sorghum syrup, you pretty much only need a boil. If you are malting your own grain (mostly millet) and are doing a full grain beer, then great!

Strike that last post. I see now. Back on one of your first posts, you were doing the first beer as gluten free for SWMBO (to help avoid the path of having her not consider you insane), and it looks like you plan on doing normal grain beers.

Since you're getting a whole grain setup, try malting some gluten free grains for her next beer too! Just watch that whole cross contamination thing between the GF gf's beer and your beer.

Back