• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

BCS 462 & 6" Temp Probe (and maybe more)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrlisk

Reaction score
Edit 3: I'll sell the 3x Definitive Purpose Contactors, 2x LM317, 2x honeywell doorbell transformers and the zip ties/mounts for $45 shipped (wherever a medium flat-rate box will go)

Edit 2: here's a link to the electric build stuff. Crydoms are sold. Prices listed are what I paid, less shipping. Make an offer for the lot or for what you need!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mlisk/sets/72157628077820040/

EDIT - BCS and Probe are SOLD. Compiling list of other parts and pictures and will post as soon as BCS purchaser has decided if anything else is wanted.

Original Post:

For sale is a gently used BCS-462 and 6" temperature probe that I purchased from ECC about 9 months ago.

The unit has been running two stage temperature control on my kegerator which I keep in my detached garage (it gets icy cold in the winter, thus the two stage). This is definitely not what this big featured device is meant to be doing, especially for what it costs, so it's up for sale!

I will include the following with the sale:
- BCS462 unit with original firmware from 9 months ago (there's an update available)
- Power cord
- ethernet cable
- 6" temp probe, from ECC

I'll include the original packaging if I can find it, but assume it's not included!

Original retail for these combined is $340. I'm asking for $275 shipped to Continental USofA.

If you have any questions, please let me know! Thanks for looking!!

:mug:

P.S. - I have a decent assortment of brand new parts that I purchased with intentions of putting together an Electric Brewery style control system (with the BCS as the brain) so if anyone is interested, I will take pics and put together prices for what I have.

Just an update on what remains.

All that remains at this point are the Definite Purpose Contactors (3x), LM317 voltage regulators (2x), Honeywell transformers(2x), and zip ties/mounts. Everything else has been sold.

Back