Hot Summer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Snob

Reaction score
I wonder if it being hot out there means we're going to have a real hot Summer? Is it hot where you are now?

82 now with the sun blazing. Nice, but I'm glad my wife has taken a liking to A.C.

It's about 95 here right now. May is usually the coolest Summer month for us, I bet Aug. is going to be horrible. Damn global warming/global dimming.

It was a sweltering 57º in Portland today, I had to wear my shorts and T-shirt! It's supposed to be 70º by Wednesday.

LOL, we had two days of over 100 degrees in April here.

Now we're on our normal summer drought period. It's gonna get nasty here in Dallas....

Hasn't broken 65F here in a week. We had frost on the 9th and on the 15th it was 100F. The weather guessers are saying a couple days in the low 80's, then back to cold & rainy. My hop plants have basically stopped growing.

On the plus side, there have been very few yellow jackets out this year.

its somehwere in the high 80s to 90s today in Virginia Beach... glad I have a ferment chiller in the garage... keep things cold.. hehehee

Every year that goes by, I seem to enjoy spring and fall more and more and get annoyed by summer more and more. It wouldn't be so bad if the 80s and 90s didn't always come with dewpoints in the upper 60s and 70s. That upper 90s with dewpoints around 20 in western NE yesterday looked inviting. I guess summer was so attractive when I was in school and there was summer break, now no summer break.

This week coming up, 100 or more, thursday and friday suppose to be 110. I mean ONLY 110. But as the saying goes here, "It's a dry heat". Will only feel like 109. Why did i move back here from Alaska again for??? I don't see any other polar bears in the desert. I'll be the one with the shades on.

Back