So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
danielofthedale said:
Would love hear more about the Ginger Basil Cream Ale!

image-60578136.jpg

Amazing aroma, and tastes decent so far. All grain five gallon batch, using 6 row, 2 row, flaked corn, caramel 60, ginger root and basil for adjuncts. I also pitched fresh blended peaches during second fermentation. We'll see how it fares. We brewed it for a competition, here in Charleston. F.G. Puts it at 5% ABV. Cheers!

JDGator said:
Mashed in a grapefruit apa/ipa that someone had posted. I had done the extract and love it. Now i'm doing a converted ag version.

Also made a wooden beer crate for some 22oz bottles. Racked from the keg.

Good luck to all brewing!!

That grapefruit IPA sounds really good! Would you happen to have the extract recipe on hand or a link? It would be much appreciated!

Going to brew on Friday and take...my...time...
Usually I feel rushed but with a 4 day weekend I have no reason to be.
Tiger Tank Altbier From AIH

Did my first ever triple-brew-day on Canada Day (Monday). I brewed an IPA (WLP001 California Ale in a 2L starter), a Red IPA (repitched US-05 slurry), and a Rauchbier (washed Wyeast Marzen/Oktoberfest in a 4L starter).

Ran into a small problem on the last batch, my Hop Stopper got clogged up with hops and break material during chilling, so I was only able to get the wort down to 80° F. I racked to a carboy and put it in a laundry tub full of water and a couple frozen 2L juice bottles. Finally got to bed a little after 11 last night.

Woke up this morning to find all 3 batches have developed a healthy krausen already.

Brewing Dead Ringer IPA (Bells Two Hearted clone) on Saturday, pitching BRY-97 slurry from Arrogant Bastard clone (racking to secondary Fri night).

ballsy said:
Brewing Dead Ringer IPA (Bells Two Hearted clone) on Saturday,

Get a blowoff on that bad boy. This is the only brew that I've done twice so far, and both times I've had to put on the BO Tube. I haven't had a blowoff on any other beer. Less than 5.5 gals of wort into a 6.5 gal bucket.

I have three beers I need to make this weekend. Chamomile Saison, Oak Aged Sour saison, and my cream ale.

Get a blowoff on that bad boy. This is the only brew that I've done twice so far, and both times I've had to put on the BO Tube. I haven't had a blowoff on any other beer. Less than 5.5 gals of wort into a 6.5 gal bucket.

Yes....already planned. Going to rack my Arrogant Bastard clone to secondary friday, put a 3 piece on it and take the blow off from primary and prep it for the Dead Ringer Primary Saturday!

Making a Frankenbeer this weekend -- using up stray hops, grains, and DME that are taking up space. I'm guessing it'll end up an American pale ale but you never know what'll happen when you throw the switch. :)

Not a weekend, but I'll be brewing up an ESB tomorrow, thanks to the bar study-free holiday! It will be my first three-vessel all grain batch.

Brewing an IPA on Saturday. 11 Gallon batch using mostly Cascade for bittering, with Simcoe and Amarillo for Flavor/Aroma. Looking to start at about 1.070. Booyah!

Just mashed in my Smoked Honey Weizen with Juniper berries here in Germany. Smells amazing!

Gonna brew a Dry Irish Stout tomorrow. Picked up the yeast yesterday. It's Wyeast Irish Ale, with a manufacturing date of May 13, 2013. Think it's still good?

Gonna brew a Dry Irish Stout tomorrow. Picked up the yeast yesterday. It's Wyeast Irish Ale, with a manufacturing date of May 13, 2013. Think it's still good?

Less than 2 months, it should have a good amount of viable yeast. It should be OK. I rarely find liquid yeast at any LHBS around here that's less than 1-1/2 to 2 months old.

You might want to do a yeast starter, though.

Bottling my first batch brewed on 6/21, trying to find a Lagunitas Red Clone to brew next. Any ideas? Extract recipes perhaps?

Just bottled my first ever batch, sampled some and OHMYGOD it tastes like beer! Finished cleaning the carboy and have the second batch boiling. My LHBS compiled a Lagunitas-ish Red Ale clone extract recipe. Drinking Fat Tire while I wait, cheers! :mug:

Edit: Um... got a 1.092 starting gravity, that's good right?

Don't have the weekend off but I have Mon-Wed to brew! Got a WIPA on deck and if I can get to the LHBS I'll grab the ingredients for my imperial sweet stout recipe I came up with after doing some serious research on stouts!

First brew with new brew kettle and mash tun, so will try out EdWort's Haus Pale Ale. I eagerly look forward to how it all turns out.

Attempting my first ever AG! Figured id start simple witb cream of three crops. Did a partial mash of this stuff with some dme last weekend.

Doing a late Marzen and a Cream Ale on Sunday. First Double batch brewday and I started brewing 17 years ago. Excited to do something to push myself a bit.

I did my 1st PM of NB Speckled Heifer yesterday. Struggled with the mash temp. But other then that all went well and it's bubbling away in the basement. Cheers!

I am hoping to double batch tomorrow, an Eagle Rock Solidarity Clone to start the day and a Pumpkin Ale. If my wife stays out long enough I might even go for batch 3 and do the Autumn Amber Ale recipe. It was my first ever brew (Midwest Groupon) and I would like to try it again now that I brew all grain and sort of know what I am doing.

Back