Good beer in Little Rock, AR?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsmack

Reaction score
Going to LR in a week or two. Any good brews/pubs to check out?

endorphine44 said:
Bosco's and Vino's are both in Little Rock. Also, diamond bear brewery.

Thanks for the suggestions..... Bosco's didn't come up on my search. Know anything about "Refined Ale Brewery"?

Brewsmack said:
Thanks for the suggestions..... Bosco's didn't come up on my search. Know anything about "Refined Ale Brewery"?

If memory serves me right, refined ale brewery is a guy who makes small batches and self distributes. I've never tried it. Boscos and Vinos are the two best places in my opinion. Both have good beer and good food.

Forget refined ales and Bosco's. Hit up Vinos, diamond bear has a tasting room and brewery tours on weekend. Hit up colonial wines and spirits for the best beer selection in AR

The flying saucer is a excellent beer bar for AR standards (average on Cali or other standards) that is on the river market. Bosco's is almost right across the street.

Also there is Rock Town Distillery. The make vodka, whiskey, and bourbon. I've never taken the tour, but some friends went a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. There are a couple of breweries in northwest Arkansas that are starting to make there way into Little Rock. Saddlebock and Core. Haven't tried anything from Saddlebock, the make German style ales, but I tried Core's ESB and Oatmeal Stout at a local beer festival. Both were really good. You won't find their beer in the liquor stores yet, but there are a couple of bars carrying them. Flying Saucer is the first one that comes to mind.

hawgwild81 said:
Also there is Rock Town Distillery. The make vodka, whiskey, and bourbon. I've never taken the tour, but some friends went a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. There are a couple of breweries in northwest Arkansas that are starting to make there way into Little Rock. Saddlebock and Core. Haven't tried anything from Saddlebock, the make German style ales, but I tried Core's ESB and Oatmeal Stout at a local beer festival. Both were really good. You won't find their beer in the liquor stores yet, but there are a couple of bars carrying them. Flying Saucer is the first one that comes to mind.

Awesome! Didn't know there is a distillery too. Keep seeing flying saucer and vinos so that's what I'm gonna check out. Definitely gonna do the brewery tour Saturday. Thanks to everybody for the great input!

Hit up Bosco's for dinner, then head down to the Saucer. Or do Vino's for lunch and then take the Diamond Bear tour. It was still free the last time I did it, but I think they're charging a small fee now. You do get four tokens for half-size beers with the tour. The distillery tour is, I believe, $7/person, but it includes a small sample of all of their products, which now is vodka, gin, bourbon, an un-aged whiskey they call Arkansas Lightning, an apple pie flavored Lightning, a smoked whiskey, and a clear rum. Diamond Bear usually has 4 beers on tap and they fill growlers.

Thanks all for the suggestions! Had a sampler and calzone at Vino's. Was an awesome lunch to say the least. Followed up with the brewery tour and hung out in their tap room. Great beers all round and time well spent! Also hit fermentables the LHBS. Had a good talk with the guys there! Finished the day at the flying saucer, great brew selection! Thanks again

image-2716408701.jpg

image-1286571296.jpg

image-971111298.jpg

Latest posts

Back