What is your Favorite Bottle Opener?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lazarus Long

Reaction score
The first thing I installed in my house was a vintage wall mounted cast iron Coke bottle opener on my kitchen wall. I had to go to the local swap meet to find one. It is a tradition in my family to have one. My parents, grandparents and great grandparents all had one on their kitchen wall.

What do you like to use? Where do you keep it?

HAHA the sam adams one on my key chain that comes with the sample 12 pack.. I tried replacing it with a shark shaped one from the outer banks but it sucked ..

Well, I have to admit I do keep a church key (Can opener and bottle opener combo w/ magnet in middle) stuck on the refrigerator in case I need a mobile unit.

Torben Ulrich said:
HAHA the sam adams one on my key chain that comes with the sample 12 pack.. I tried replacing it with a shark shaped one from the outer banks but it sucked ..

Outer Banks?

You must be from around here? NC that is.

RichBrewer said:
I just have a generic plain bottle opener. Where do I keep it? Usually some place where I cant find it.

I seem to have the same problem and end up using the end of my can-opener. A personalized bottle opener is one of the things i have in mind in the future when I have a garage/shop outfitted as personal brewery/bar.

I've got a Homer Simpson bottle opener and my sister-in-law just got me one that plays the Chicago Bears fight song. Dude, I know you want it!

I've got the vintage Coke opener (sshhh, Don't tell anyone, because I hate Coke) but when I'm away from the mounted one, I use the corner of the deck railing.

MVC-005F.JPG

Who needs a damn bottle opener?

I usually use one off of a leathermen-type multi-tool, but it was lost for awhile, so I went looking for one when I went to get some gas. All they had was a two-pack. I thought to myself, "who needs two bottle openers". Then a week later I figured out who needs two when I lost the first one. My multi-tool has since shown up anyways.

I still carry the "Relax Don't Worry..." metal keychain bottle opener that I got several years ago when I first joined AHA. I have a plain wall mount on the back of my bar.

Back