SEWAGE (and anyone else) Weekly Beer tasting in Oconomowoc

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boerderij_Kabouter

Reaction score
Beer Enlightenment School

When: 6:00 every Thursday
Where: Sonoma Cellars in Oconomowoc
What: A FREE beer tasting! This is a small event drawing a crowd of about 2-7 each week. Many weeks a representative of the brewery comes in to speak and share his/her beers. Weeks when a rep is not around Danika picks two beers to taste and we have an informal discussion about them. This is a great chance to try some new beers, discuss beers you know, and talk to some good people (like me). I hope to see you there!

Hi Everybody! My wife Danika runs a beer enlightenment school every Thursday at 6 o'clock where she tastes out 2 beers and all in attendance discuss them. It is a fun and free event that just started a few weeks ago.

This week, a lakefront brewing rep is coming and Danika was hoping to get a really good turnout! It would be really cool if some of you could make it. Not to mention it would be a chance to meet in person!

I hope to see some of you there! BTW, they have a fantastic beer selection. Sonoma Cellars is located just off HWY 67 in Oconomowoc.

This week is the lakefront tasting! I really hope some of you show up, both because I want to meet you and because I want a lot of people there to support Danika (my SWMBO)!

Bump.... do it, do it....

It looks like we will have the first samples of this years Pumpkin. Our samples are getting pulled of the first bottling line that just started this morning! Also, there will likely be free brewery tour tickets and pint glasses.

Hope to see you there!

It varies, but anywhere from 2-7 people. It is a great chance to talk beer 1-on-1. Last week I talked about brewing with the rep from Sand Creek for over an hour. Hope to see you sometime!

I just spotted this. . .

The next two weeks are bad DEER HUNTING and then thanksgiving, but I'll definitly keep this in mind it sounds like I'd be able to talk the Mrs into an evening centered around this.

thanks

cz

The Beer tastings are back up and running!

Tonight is the first one of the new session. Danika will be show casing some IPAs.

Please come and discuss beer with us and others. These meetings are very informal and a good way to try some beer and discuss it with others.

I will be updating this thread from now on so check back often!

Upcoming schedule:

Sept. 10: Prost to Oktoberfest! True-to-Style Brews and American Seasonals

Sept. 24: Belgian Rodenbach & Grand Cru

Oct. 8: Tyranena Brewery with Beer Ambassador Jessie Nimm

Oct. 22: Bell's Brewery with Regional Representative Paul Moebius

Nov. 5: Lakefront Brewery with Director of Business Chris Johnson

Nov. 19: Stone Brewery's Arrogant Bastard vs. Oaked Arrogant Bastard

Dec. 3: Chimay paired with cheeses from the Monastery

Dec. 17: Travel to Japan: Sapporo & Hitachino

Check out the website for any changes to the schedule
Events - Oconomowoc
Danika gives a very large discount on the featured products to attendees!
Bring friends! Have fun!

Cheers!

Tonight is a tasting with the rep from Tyrenena brewery! Come out and meet Danika and I. It would be great to have a few more HBTer's at the event and to have a bunch of people there for the rep!!! Do it!

This Thursday is Bell's brewery with the Bell's Wisconsin rep. There will be giveaways and likely some brewery only release stuff. I would really like to have a good showing this week!

Is anyone actually reading these updates?

Last night was awesome. Chris brought the first ever run on Lakefront's Local Acre. It is a 7% golden lager made with 100% Wisconsin ingredients. 100% Wisconsin 6-row barley and all local nugget and sterling hops. The labels are not even printed yet and it won't be released for two weeks at least. He also had some new labels for some of their other beers and he was asking us which we liked and why. It was a fun night and all in attendance received 2 free bombers of Bridge Burner and 1 bomber of Local Acre. It was great!

Please post if you read this!!! :drunk:

Back