RIS Swap ~ EvilTOJ's Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I know that, I just noticed a lot of threads disappeared from the Sampling and Critiquing section. I wanted to make sure my tradees knew I'd already started my thread.

I cracked open a bottle and didn't hear a hiss (which is odd because your beers are usually so full of life). Poured it into the glass and it is totally flat :eek:.

But I'm powerering through it.

Aroma: Not much because of the carbonation, but getting in real close, with a big whiff there is an aroma of hops, and a sweet malty smell.

Appearance: Dark and opaque as it should be, when tilting the glass the thin layer shows transparency. If it wasn't opaque this beer would be crystal clear (if that makes sense at all).

Flavor: Well balanced. My tongue goes back and forth between hops and malt. It's a real treat.

Mouthfeel: This beer is a thick. It sticks with you with a warming sensation as it drops down your throat.

Overall: It's a shame that this beer didn't have any carbonation. I think if it did, it would be an outstanding beer. Well brewed my friend.

I'll start chilling the other bottle, hopefully it carbed.

My RIS was also flat. i went ahead and reviewed it, but be ready, i'm honest.

i think i may take the other bottle out of the fridge, add some super high grav yeast and recap.

if i remember correctly, you said this came to 15%??? that could be part of the problem :D

I reviewed your other beers as well, here goes...

RIS 8/8/8

Aroma: Chocolate nose
Appearance: zero head, otherwise good color
Flavor: Good beer but needs more age or yeast @ bottling maybe, slight alcohol bite
Mouthfeel: Flat, 0 carbonation
Overall: Sorry, man...either bad bottle or problem w/bottling

Mirror Pond Bottle
Bottle was slightly underfilled

Aroma: Nice floral aroma on pour, some citrus
Appearance: poured w/thick head, thick body could be clearer
Flavor: A little sweetness coming through the bitter. Unpleasant fruitiness
Mouthfeel: Nice mouthfeel, proper co2...again a little thick
Overall: Allow more time for clarity in primary and secondary. Needs conditioning time in general. I can't get over the floral+fruity...check your ferment temp as i think it has some bad esters

Sorachi Slammer

Aroma: Citrusy, sour aroma...DEFINITELY sorachi
Appearance: Good head dissipates immediately. Beautiful color, but hazy
Flavor: Very clean, extra citrusy...maybe some pine
Mouthfeel: Nice, could have a little more carbonation, i think
Overall: I don't like sorachi, but i think this was a very fine use of the hops!

i think if you give your beers some more time in primary and better control your fermentation temperatures it would make for some wonderful beer. hope that helps.

thanks very much for sending me these. your sorachi beer is good...mine was a nightmare :D

Ignore me. I'm a RIS gnome, just bumping this thread. Some people, see, have the forum to not show posts older than 1 month. This leads to them thinking that their post was deleted - when in fact, it is just hiding from them. Just like this RIS gnome is hiding from you.

:)

missing: evets

Ignore me. I'm a RIS gnome, just bumping this thread. Some people, see, have the forum to not show posts older than 1 month. This leads to them thinking that their post was deleted - when in fact, it is just hiding from them. Just like this RIS gnome is hiding from you.

:)

missing: evets

You can't hide from me. Damn gnomes.

Latest posts

Back