GF Chocolate Vanilla Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone ever picked up on any grassy flavors? I'm getting a little bit initially at each sip. Not sure if it needs to condition a bit longer, but I was also thinking that it's the hops and anise together creating the flavor.

And in my opinion it's really actually a pleasant grassiness. It melds well with the earthiness of the flavors. But I was wondering if anyone else got that in theirs? Thanks!!

I left the anise out. And I can't overstate how much it matures with age. It's almost like a different beer the longer you let it sit.

image-1858713390.jpg

I'm getting some pretty fantastic lacing from this!!

Awesome!! For me, the batch has only been bottled for about 5 weeks, but now compared to three weeks is amazing. I have better head, better retention, and lacing. The taste could be a little bit more matured, but it is GREAT!

Awesome!! For me, the batch has only been bottled for about 5 weeks, but now compared to three weeks is amazing. I have better head, better retention, and lacing. The taste could be a little bit more matured, but it is GREAT!

I left about 5 pours in my keg for 2 months and it was a completely different beer. I'm doing 2 kegs for a friends wedding but I think i'm going to bottle a few for storage this time, last time I didn't bottle any.

Back