Brewery "Fire" Controller Failure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NanoMan

Reaction score
Came home the other day and checked the ferment chamber. My two stage Ranco read 64F on the display but when I opened the door it was like a blast furnace! For whatever reason, the probe was not reading the correct temp, which turnout to be over 100F! It took all night with AC running to bring the temp down. The controller has been working correctly since, but as I don't know the cause who's to say it won't happen again? Thoughts? Anyone else experience this?

FWIW, beers which had just, or not yet started fermenting appear to be ok. Those done or nearly done have off flavors and will likely need to be dicarded. I'll know more after cold crashing and carbonating. Sigh.

Cheers!

NanoMan

Correct and not that I know of. There is a shelf in the middle of the chamber and I just kinda lay it passively on the shelf between the fermenters.

The event has not repeated itself. Half of the beer was a loss up front. The other half had very short shelf life. Oh well...I could always build in redundancy with another controller but for now it was a freak accident...

Latest posts

Back