29mm capping bell diameter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DodgeeDoo

Reaction score
A 29mm replacement bell and some 29mm caps arrived today and I went to put it on my Red Baron capper but I found the bells look the exact same size. I know the physical difference between the caps is very slight, is it just as slight in the bells as well?

If anyone with a caliper or ruler and a 29mm (or a standard 26mm) bell could measure the outer diameter on the bell, I would be very grateful. I want to make sure my current bell is actually 26mm and/or the new one is 29mm before I send it back. I will confirm with my measurements tomorrow.

My caliper is in my desk at work and I'm impatient and thought someone here could help. Thank you!

I don't have a red Baron. I measured my bench capper and the bell is about 29mm ID using a ruler. Seems like you would see a difference.

Thanks!

Yeah, the ID nearest to the nut portion is roughly 26mm with an OD 36mm at the base of the bell. The base of the bell on my original one was actually slightly larger at 37.5mm.

I was really looking forward to capping this weekend.

Yup, the company made a mistake and are shipping me the correct one as I type this. Thanks for your help in assuring me I was not crazy.

It sounds as though all the 29mm bells are the silver color.

I could have avoided all this but my LHBS was out for a few weeks and they had them today. Figures. Hahaha.

I can't wait to get capping.

Back