ATTN: East Texas Homebrewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobilecabinworks

Reaction score
Hello, I will be moving to the East Texas area in the next month or so and I am trying to locate any home brewers in the area. Being such a remote area I was wanting to get together with some folks to go in on group ingredient buys. Also just looking for fellow piney woods brewers! Cheers.

I moved you to the "Texas forum". I bet you wish really moving to Texas was as easy!

Where are you moving to? I know at least one brewer in Nagodoches is on this forum.

Know a couple guys in Tyler area that brew. Looking for the people that are trying to start a chapter there. Anyone got any information?

rfluttrell said:
Know a couple guys in Tyler area that brew. Looking for the people that are trying to start a chapter there. Anyone got any information?

I was thinking it would nice to get a club of sorts together there.

Yooper said:
I moved you to the "Texas forum". I bet you wish really moving to Texas was as easy!

Where are you moving to? I know at least one brewer in Nagodoches is on this forum.

Thanks.

Yes, yes I do wish it was that easy. It's gonna be a long drive from the PAC NW.

Thanks.

Yes, yes I do wish it was that easy. It's gonna be a long drive from the PAC NW.

It's a very long drive. One that I completed a year and a half ago (Albany to Dallas). If you're not against a super tight schedule do yourself a favor and give yourself a couple extra days to take a funky route - see some sights that you'd otherwise not see.

Painted hills in Oregon, Petrified forest and painted desert in Arizona, sea of suicidal jackrabbits in Nevada and car hedge are some of the stops we made. Didn't add much time to our trip but it made those many miles bearable, even with a 5 year old in tow.

Yeah I am taking advantage of the oppoutunity and stopping at friends' places along the way through the midwest. I am breaking the trip up into shorter sections. Will be stopping at my parents' place as well, which will be nice.

Portland OR to Sacul Texas!? Man are you in for a culture shock! There are a few of us up in Tyler but it would be a bit of a drive for you...bout an hour or so. Look us up on this forum. Group name is ...(drumroll) Tyler,TX

I live in Lufkin. We actually have a small club of sorts. There are probably 3 or 4 fairly serious brewers here. We've had one brewday, to date.

The East Texas Brewer's Guild is having a meeting this Saturday around 3:30 to share some brews. The address is 20 Oak Leaf St, White Oak, TX 75693.

I live in Bay ****ty...er City. We're planning to move up to Maydelle in the nearish future though :D You'll like it.

Did somebody say Tyler?? Count me in. I have been brewing in Tyler for about 4 years and have a few friends that also brew occasionally. We do need a local club..

Is anybody brewing in Huntsville? I live in Huntsville and getting ready to start brewing, but I am wanting to see someone's set up and maybe talk to them about it first.

I'm up for something in Tyler. Just starting out and me and my father would really be interested. I'm 23 and cannot stand anything with the word Light or Lite after the name. We're trying to find us a nice hoppy beer to make ourselves. Would love to learn from the locals!

Is anybody brewing in Huntsville? I live in Huntsville and getting ready to start brewing, but I am wanting to see someone's set up and maybe talk to them about it first.

I'm in Liberty which is sorta close. I do all grain and recently stepped up to 10 gal batches. I'll be happy to help you out.

I hear there is a new brew supply store in Longview called "My Brewing Solutions" but have not been able to find too much info on it. Any know about this?

There is a great big awesome club in Nacogdoches. They're one of the most active clubs I've been a part of. Search "Nac Brew Club" in facebook and you can get in touch.

I have been there and visited with the owner. They have a facebook page and a website located at http://www.mybrewingsolutions.com/

I'm a rank beginner in Tyler who just got into this interesting hobby.

I went with a more experienced brewing friend from church to check out the Longview brew supply store, met Ty the owner and his buddy Ziggy. I picked up some stuff for a batch and some miscellaneous bits of gear I needed. The guys there were friendly, helpful and nice to visit with.

It's quite nice having a supplier who's that much closer than Dallas.

Try out Tyler Area Pints and Suds on Facebook. It is still a small group but hopefully growing group of Tyler homebrewers.

Try out Tyler Area Pints and Suds on Facebook. It is still a small group but hopefully growing group of Tyler homebrewers.

I do believe that I already know some of the folks in that group. I just now discovered that they are brewers. :D

We are going to try to meet at Bruno's on Old Jacksonville, Thursday the 17th, at 6pm. Feel free to bring any brews you might like to share. Maybe this can grow into a monthly thing. Please invite any other brewers you may know.

Bruno's Pizza And Pasta
15770 FM 2493
Tyler (Gresham), TX 75703

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tyler-Area-Pints-and-Suds/213291618704212

Jim
:mug:

I've not yet got any of my own brew to bring and share, but I'll gladly try out some of yours Jim.:mug:

garyford said:
The East Texas Brewer's Guild is having a meeting this Saturday around 3:30 to share some brews. The address is 20 Oak Leaf St, White Oak, TX 75693.

I'm in north east Texas. Going to Yagas beer fest the weekend of the 19th but I hope to catch the next meeting y'all have!

Tyler Area Home Brewers will get together to eat, drink and have fun this coming Thursday (February 21), 6PM at Little Italy Restaurant (which is BYOB).

At the corner of S. Broadway and Amherst.

:mug:

Hi all!

Kind of resurrecting an old post here but I wanted to get my two cents in...

Sacul isn't too far away from Nacogdoches. In fact, its in the same county. I'm a founding member of the Nac Brew Club and our next meeting is on July 15th at 6:00PM. Its an open meeting and you're absolutely welcome to come check us out. We'll have bottles of the beer we made at the last meeting to sample and will probably make another batch of something else. We've been around for over two years now and just had our second annual Spring Brewfest. There's quite an active homebrewing community in/around Nacogdoches. Its how I really got into it.

Come see us if you can. We're on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/179480935442962/ The link to the meeting info is about halfway down the page.

EasTexan said:
I'm in Wooodville. I'd love to come up and learn something with the Nac home-brew group.:)

Just tell me where and when.

I just moved to Big Sandy. I need to get back into brewing. I've taken a break since we moved here. Glad to know there is a home brewer in this area!!

I just moved to Big Sandy. I need to get back into brewing. I've taken a break since we moved here. Glad to know there is a home brewer in this area!!

Tyler Area Pints & Suds (TAPS) hosts a "Third Thursday Tasting" each month starting at 5:30pm. We get together at Tyler's Brewing Supply (https://www.tylersbrewing.com/) located on Hwy 155 south about 1/4mi past Grande Blvd.

Our next one is this coming Thursday, October 17.

Back