Rated recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grathan

Reaction score
Looking for a place where you can get an idea of what different people think of a recipe. Beer tools recipe database has somewhat limited ratings. Also Northern Brewer's kits I think have user ratings. Anything else like this out there?

Looking for a place where you can get an idea of what different people think of a recipe. Beer tools recipe database has somewhat limited ratings. Also Northern Brewer's kits I think have user ratings. Anything else like this out there?

Aside from the recipe section of this forum? Brewmasters Warehouse has a lot of user recipes, some of which have ratings.

The problem you will run into is that the rating system is dependent on user feedback which tends to not be good unless there is a problem. Unless it's an uber-popular recipe, feedback/ratings will tend to be limited.

What I did when I first started out was use the recipe section of this forum and I still do this for a style that I have never brewed before.

I would look for recipes that have a lot of feedback and comments from other brewers that have tried that recipe. If the recipe got a lot of good feedback I would look at it and compare it to other recipes of the same style. This will give you a good grasp of what make a good (insert style here)

Ahh, I had completely forgotten the recipe database here. And suddenly the to-brew list is out of control...

Ahh, I had completely forgotten the recipe database here. And suddenly the to-brew list is out of control...

There are a lot of good ones there.

Also get some brew software so you can start o formulate your own once you begin to get a good feel for what works. Then you will never be at a loss for what to brew.

Back