Direct LOVE TS2-010 install??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmandaK

Reaction score
Hey guys, done a bit of research on the board first, but I'm a bit confused still.

I'm seeing that most people run a Love Controller from an extension cord to the controller to the freezer/fridge....

Can't I just mount the controller in my freezer collar and run the controller directly to the freezer? As in, just wire it to the switch area (sorry, it's been a long day and I can't think of the technical term) of the freezer?

Or am I thinking wrong?:confused:

Hey guys, done a bit of research on the board first, but I'm a bit confused still.

I'm seeing that most people run a Love Controller from an extension cord to the controller to the freezer/fridge....

Can't I just mount the controller in my freezer collar and run the controller directly to the freezer? As in, just wire it to the switch area (sorry, it's been a long day and I can't think of the technical term) of the freezer?

Or am I thinking wrong?:confused:

Yes, you can do that, but there typically is no switch area inside the freezer. What this means is that you will have to run power cords through the collar and connect it to the freezer power cord. You need power going through the collar to the controller and back out from the controller relay to the compressor power cord. You will also want to use some type of cover box over the back side of the controller to protect it from the moisture inside the freezer. The use of a GFCI might be a good idea with this application.

Back