liquid to dry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loxnar

Reaction score
is there anywhere around you can get a table or chart or list showing what liquid yeasts are equal to dry leasts IE WLP001=US-05

I have a little chart I keep that has info pulled from lots of sources. If possible I like to use Dry Yeast because it's cheaper and easier to store.
yeasts.png

Thanks guys, I just made it in word to keep track of some oft used yeasts. Like I said, Dry Yeast is just so much more versatile IMHO.

I've heard that Saf 04 equals 1099, not 1098, the 'dry' Whitbread strain. (How can you have Saf 04 equal two different strains?) It is not the same as WLP 007.

These are the closest thing you can get to those yeasts in each case. The yeasts are from different labs, so there is no true equivalent between vendors. In addition most breweries brew a few batches with their yeast straight from the labs and back blend the batches from the past few fermentations to account for the differences in the yeast from batch to batch.

Nothing is exact, just best guess.

Back