A few questions on my kegerator shopping listrt (dist. block, what am I missing?)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikefranciotti

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm looking at turning my old kitchen fridge into a 3-keg kegerator.

My shopping list includes:
3x 575SS Perlicks with shanks & SS tailpieces
3-way gas distribution block
10lb tank
50' Accuflex Bev-Seal Ultra Barrier tubing (10' tubing/keg)

I already have a bunch of kegs & gas line, am I missing anything else?

My question about the gas distribution block is if I use this distributor: http://www.birdmanbrewing.com/3-way-co2-distributor-1-4-mfl-with-shutoff/ will I be able to add three different gauges to keep the kegs at different pressures at some point down the line?

If that won't work, any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Add beer and gas quick disconnects. And hose clamps.

You can always add secondary regulators down the road, but trying to do it around that manifold would be rather awkward. Easier would be to simply buy a three-body secondary and run a single high-pressure hose to it from your existing primary regulator. Connect your QD drops to the secondaries and you're in business.

That said, most folks end up content without having a regulator per keg, so I'd say go ahead with your gear list, and if you ever decide to go nutty with regulators you can always sell the manifold...

Cheers!

Id suggest more like 15-20 feet of Accuflex per keg. That stuff has way lower resistance than standard vinyl. I run 20 feet per keg and the pours are great.

It doesn't take up much space, but it is pretty stiff stuff so it's a little hard to work with. But it's fantastic tubing. If you split that 50 footer over the 3 taps you should be fine (16 2/3 feet per keg).

Drip tray?
Get a welding shop to fab a stainless steel sheet with 3 holes about 7/8" to run your taps through and have them break bottom of sheet and weld sides into about a 4" drip tray and brother you will be stylin' BIG TIME!

Even if you just use a plumbers escutcheon plate for 3/4 pipe--that standoff from the frig--just looks really sharp.

^ I was thinking along similar lines, only home-made. I'd cut the sheet, drill the holes, then drill and pop rivet the back edge of a surface mount drip tray to the sheet (I think there are stainless steel pop rivets out there, but might be wrong)...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back